Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 171 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

post 158, it was liquorice giveing advice to someone haveing problems with the settings suggested by himars which was a copy/paste of advice from stuey3d

0 Ratings
Paul87b
Beginner
Message 172 of 196

Go to solution

Fortunately I kept my Hub 5. I am about to reinstall it - just as powerful as 5 and it didn't drop out several times a week like 6.

@AndyCoffin wrote:

Last night bt-wifi was activated on my (not so)smart hub 6 as a result my normal wireless on both 2 and 5g bands is constantly dropping out every few seconds meaning not a single device can connect wirelessly. ive tryied resetting the hub with no luck and now for some reasion bt fon no longer reconises my account so i carnt even deactivate it that way.

I carnt even put my hub5a back in as they demanded i sent that back as well.

ive had enough of this hub and am in talks with my solisitor to see if i can sue bt for not only chargeing me for this thing but also locking me into a new contract where im paying £15 a month more for worse service.

is anyone else haveing problems with this or found a way to disable the bt wifi?

@AndyCoffin wrote:

Last night bt-wifi was activated on my (not so)smart hub 6 as a result my normal wireless on both 2 and 5g bands is constantly dropping out every few seconds meaning not a single device can connect wirelessly. ive tryied resetting the hub with no luck and now for some reasion bt fon no longer reconises my account so i carnt even deactivate it that way.

I carnt even put my hub5a back in as they demanded i sent that back as well.

ive had enough of this hub and am in talks with my solisitor to see if i can sue bt for not only chargeing me for this thing but also locking me into a new contract where im paying £15 a month more for worse service.

is anyone else haveing problems with this or found a way to disable the bt wifi?

0 Ratings
Icceman58
Beginner
Message 173 of 196

Go to solution

Thanks for this it worked. My ipad had been working on my second replacement Hub6..then last night would not connect...only device in the house tht wouldn't connect....have iphones..mac pro...smart tv's ps4 etc...all connected...but not the ipad...

Your solution worked and is still working 10 hrs later..

thanks again for sharing

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 174 of 196

Go to solution

With help from the mods here and a nice lady from BT WIFI the fon system has now been disabled for several days (i dont think the automatic system works as looking at the logs in the hub in the end the engineers had to log into my hub and disable it there) and as i suspected (on my hub!) the main wifi signal has improved, my 2g signal is now max in all rooms in the house, i can now get a 5g signal in my garden (could not get one before) and my ping has improved by at least 3ms on all online games i play with a ms counter.

Its taken a while but thank you for the hard work mods

Is it known who makes the smart hubs for bt as im suspecting some of the checks they do on the componants could need a bit of work. I also am wondering if the smart hub is just a proof of concept device as ive been reading a lot about the g.fast rollout is going to be useing a Huawei MT992 and as we all know the 6a does not have a wan port so anyone getting a service will need either the 6b or a differant router all togetha, altho i will admit it would be funny to me if they sent out 5b's to everyone on g.fast

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 175 of 196

Go to solution

There always has been a Smarthub with a WAN port and it is used for the FTTP packages. As far as I know it is not known as the 6b and at present I believe there is no hub 6a or 6b there is just the hub 6.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/4774269/1466063702/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xN...

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 176 of 196

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

There always has been a Smarthub with a WAN port and it is used for the FTTP packages. As far as I know it is not known as the 6b and at present I believe there is no hub 6a or 6b there is just the hub 6.

The HH6 currently available refers to itself as the BT Hub 6A in the Smart Hub Manager.

p

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 177 of 196

Go to solution

It would seem the Home Hub 6A is made by Sagemcom. This is based on the fact that the BT Smart Hub: Marketing claims substantiation shows tests carried out in Sagemcom Brocholt Germany.

I doubt that it's the components per se, as according to the BT Smart Hub page over at WikiDevi they use standard Broadcom chips. It's more than likely the assembly of those components and/or bugs in the firmware running on them that are causing the problems.

BT haven't released the BT Hub GPL code for the Hub 6A as yet, but an nmap scan of it shows some pretty aged versions of well known firmware e.g., dnsmasq used for DNS/DHCP.

Regards

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 178 of 196

Go to solution

@prinknash wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

The HH6 currently available refers to itself as the BT Hub 6A in the Smart Hub Manager.

p

Thanks for that info. Has anybody seen the mythical beast the HH6b ?

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 179 of 196

Go to solution

@smf22 wrote:

It would seem the Home Hub 6A is made by Sagemcom. This is based on the fact that the BT Smart Hub: Marketing claims substantiation shows tests carried out in Sagemcom Brocholt Germany.

In addition: my HH6A has been back in its box for the last couple of months but I remember that when it was in operation  it showed up in apps like Net Analyzer as being made by Sagemcom.

p

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 180 of 196

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/4774269/1466063702/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xN...

My bet is that the insides of the FTTC and FTTP versions are exactly the same, after all it would be a ridiculous scenario to produce a completely different hardware spec. for the two versions. It's a simple thing to make a configuration change that turns one of the LAN ports into a WAN port i.e., enabling PPPoE on a particular GE switch port.

0 Ratings