Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dboland277
Beginner
Message 111 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Add one more to the list, Congratulations one more router not working.

It was working fine untill last night and now all my wireless devices can't accsess the internet.

Please confirm the Firmware version your Smart hub is now operating on?             

SG4B100021F4

When did you notice that you were opted back into BT Wi-Fi? And when did you notice that your firmware had been updated?

Last night(17/09/2016)

Can you confirm if all devices were affected across both Wi-Fi ranges?

I'm only useing 2.4ghz devices

Are there any devices that you can now no longer connect to, either via 2.4GHz or 5GHz?  If so please can you name the specific devices?

All my devices, Phone and amazon fire boxes + kids 3ds

If you have BT TV does this continue to work okay?

yes because it's useing ethernet

If you're having wireless issues - does the device connect okay to the Hub (has an IP address) but can't access the internet?

Yes, the device conects to the router but does not accses the internet.

0 Ratings
JNation
Beginner
Message 112 of 196

Go to solution

I have the issue on wired on one of my PCs just one the network wont identify. BT told me to change cable but they are installed datapoints in the wall worked fine for 3 years. I have to reset each time

Now started doing on wireless as well

How do we get anyone from BT to care and fix or repalce?

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 113 of 196

Go to solution

Not sure where to post this but since the launch of iOS10 some of apple tablets and phones no longer connect to my HH6 whilst others in te house do.  Even reset one device and set up from new but same result.

Finally wnet back to HH5 and all devices work fine.

So it seems that the Smart Hub does not like iOS10

0 Ratings
burrhall
Beginner
Message 114 of 196

Go to solution

Same problem as others here.

Since getting the HH6 I noticed suddenly slow performance on things like YouTube that used to work faultlessly.

SpeedTest shows continuous drop outs - but at least it recovered and kept going.

A new class of problem since upgrading my iPad Air to IOS10!

This morning the iPad and HH6 said they were connected - but no WiFi Icon and all apps reporting no internet connection.  ( Other Laptops and iPhones working fine )

Tried all sorts of restarts/resets including a Factory Reset for the iPad.  After that I couldn't even get the iPad working since it needs a connection for setup.  Same problem as before - HH6 says it's connected.  Tick against the network on the iPad but setup fails - no internet connection.  Now getting desperate.  HH6 problem has turned my iPad into a brick!

Nothing worked until I found the suggestion to try setting the iPad to Static IP on the HH6.  Yes! Everything started working - though it took several hours to restore the iPad.

Just going through to document the fix for myself and discovered that despite the above - the HH6 was reporting the iPad back on DHCP.   Not too worried though since just setting it the first time got everything working.

However just doing some more checks and although I can set and save the iPad to Static on it's HH6 Device page, and it confirms it has done it - the Static setting never properly takes.  It still shows DHCP although the static address is indeed the one I set.

Spelled this all out in case it might be helpful to someone following the same route ... at least until BT fixes the HH6 properly.

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 115 of 196

Go to solution

Might try splitting the networks to see if that helps. Otherwsie may try the static IP idea. Shouldn't be this much hassle! 😞

0 Ratings
Stephenl
Beginner
Message 116 of 196

Go to solution
The same happened to me when I upgraded my iPhone 6 to iOS 10 - can no longer connect to the HH6. My wife and son who haven't upgraded to iOS 10 are still ok. My iPhone 6 will still connect to the HH5 in the office at work. Funnily it will also connect to BT-Fon on my HH6 so it seems like it's a problem with iOS 10 authenticating with the HH6. However if BT won't acknowledge the problem how will Apple ever know there is a problem. I am dreading having to try to roll back to iOS 9 and risk making my phone unusable.
0 Ratings
Argh
Beginner
Message 117 of 196

Go to solution
Sorry I've only juse seen this... What I mean is that I assigned each device (wired and wireless) an address in the 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.63 range. Not on the hub, on each individual device. The hub doesn't try to allocate addresses if the devices don't ask for one. The hub knows the addresses in use but doesn't try to allocate or change them.

The problem I was experiencing was network connection but no assigned address. At some point I might try a trace to see if the DHCP service on the Smarthub is dishing out gobbledegook or just not responding at all.
0 Ratings
JonnyO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 196

Go to solution

You can add me to the list of people with problems too. I now have an iPad that refuses to DHCP an address.

Back to the HH5 I go I guess...

This SmartHub has been a complete disaster from the get-go.

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 119 of 196

Go to solution

for those on iOS10 having issues follow these steps.

1. Goto wifi settings

2. Tap the (i) Icon next to your wifi name

3. Click static

4. enter these settings

IP address: 192.168.1.xxx check the hub to make sure its not going to conflict other devices you can use an address in DHCP range if you are careful

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Router: 192.168.1.254

DNS: 8.8.4.4 (these are Googles DNS servers) or 192.168.1.254

Search Domains: home

5. Hit the back button at the top and this should save the details.

0 Ratings
craigb123
Beginner
Message 120 of 196

Go to solution

I posted this on another thread:

I've had problems with 2 BT Smarthubs after upgrading from BT broadband to BT Infinity 1. Both stopped working on WiFi after 24hrs due to DHCP errors. Got worse so could only get one device to connect.

BT technical support sent out a new Smarthub, did exactly the same, stopped allowing connections after 24 hrs. I checked the event log, there was a firmware update on the second box just before it started failing. The Firmware code is SG4B10002214F dated 22/6/16. This cannot be fixed by a factory reset. Anyone else had similar problems?

Waiting now for a Home Hub 5 although I'm not that confident.

Previously had BT broadband with a Home Hub 4 with no problems.