cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
normncath
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Hub Phone 2.1 reboots and searches for Hub

My Hub Phone 2.1 (model A) reboots erratically, then immediately searches and finds the Hub again.

It sometimes occurs after a few seconds or minutes after I make a private landline cal.

It sometimes occurs immediately I receive a call from a landline.

It always occurs when I select a keypad option eg (heh heh) to BT 0800 800 150.

I have tried the usual solutions that I found on various searches on this community and Google, ie

• I have checked that the Hubphone batteries are properly charged ... an AVO indicates 1.30V, and my Ni/MH "intelligent charger" indicates that the bartteries are good
  • I've tried to de-register the Hubpone, remove its batteries, then after 2 minutes reboot the Hub, and re-register phone

The problem still recurs.

My searches on this community and Google didn't indicate a "solved" post.

Any new ideas please ...

Norm

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Hub Phone 2.1 reboots and searches for Hub

Hi Normncath,

Thanks for posting. It looks as though you've been through most things to try getting this sorted. Drop me an email with your account details to the address in my profile and I'll see what I can find out.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
l33tn3ss
Message 3 of 10

I too have the same problem

0 Ratings
rossoreed
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Mine too, but only occassionally when making a call. I think it crashes the hub - hence searching for the hub.

0 Ratings
hippykev
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I have a new hub and hub phone (2.0). I have had this about 2 weeks. for the last few days the phone says it is looking for hub continiously. I have trawled the forums and searched online for a resolve to this and have obviously tried all the suggestions like removing batteries, ensuring a charge in the batteries, registering, de-registering and registering again, restarting the hub etc etc etc.

Has anyone actually had this problem AND had it resolved ?

0 Ratings
bwanajg
Message 6 of 10

I am afraid the only way I managed to resolve it was to contact 0800 111 4567 and moan until they offered me a new hub phone. When I received it I noticed it had a newer software version (type B). The old one which had type A software appears to have a bug in it which causes the problem. You may have to be prepared to answer questions such as 'Is the phone switched on?', 'Have you charged the phone?', 'Is it fully charged?', 'Have you tried taking the batteries out and then putting them in again?'. Once you have got past these questions then moan until you get a replacement!

0 Ratings
rajnohova
Message 7 of 10

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. It is very unpredictible when it happens, it can work for a week without any disturbance but then it starts having "fits". It is incredibly frustrating and I feel trapped with useless phone. What should I do? 

Thanks

M.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
weeelk
Message 8 of 10

I've got the same problem or at least similar.

Hub phones 2.1 reboot in different scenarios for example

• When contact selected on the main screen
  • When number dialled
  • By itself until battery removed and then it is back to normal
  • When use redial
  • When entering handset name after reset
  • Also on some other numerous but random occasions

What I have tried and did not work:

• Resetting hub phones
  • Full reset
  • Taking batteries out and pouting them back again
  • De-registering and registering again
  • Restarting the hub
  • Resetting the hub
  • Resending hub settings for broadband talk via BT broadband talk website

This affects both hub phones I've got (2.1) Support could not help apart from saying that I should buy new hub phones even though equipment has been supplied by BT. I have a home office and use hub phones constantly and honestly I'm fed up with it. I think it might be better to move over to Skype phone.

0 Ratings
yYeti
Message 9 of 10

Hi, I have the same problem and have tried all the solutions. Please can you contact me to try and resolve this issue

0 Ratings
steve233
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

my hub phone does the same,it keeps searching for hub and i checked hub manager and it is registered to hub ok.

0 Ratings