cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken205726
Message 1 of 5

Hub Phone - What is the point

When I ordered BT Vision I got a new Hub and a Hub Phone. What benefit is this phone?

At my son's house I have to type a 5 before dialing so as to use the normal line with its included call charges.

Also I didn't realise I was going to pay £34 for another phone. As we have two mobiles plus the land line and can use Skype if needed, I hardly need another phone.

Btw BT Vision seems really good.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hub Phone - What is the point

@ken205726 wrote:

When I ordered BT Vision I got a new Hub and a Hub Phone. What benefit is this phone?

At my son's house I have to type a 5 before dialing so as to use the normal line with its included call charges.

Also I didn't realise I was going to pay £34 for another phone. As we have two mobiles plus the land line and can use Skype if needed, I hardly need another phone.

Btw BT Vision seems really good.

Hi.

The hub phone gives an extra phone ! It allows for free evening and weekend calls (check access times and call length). It enables it's use as a dect phone. You can use it as a caller display unit (if your current phone doesn't have one, or it's at the phone base station).

You don't have to use it of course Smiley Happy

IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

@ken205726 wrote:

For me t's effectively a no-cost additional 'phone line, with free calls available to some numbers at certain times. I find it very handy for teenaged kids to natter to their buddies all evening for free, without tying up the main landline 🙂

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I also find that with relatives abroad we can in the evening talk to America or canada for 1p per min - so you can talk for 1 hr for 60p

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
groovesection
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

If you both have a webcam you can talk & see each other for free and as long as you like!!!

For no charge whatsoever!

0 Ratings