cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Hub Statistics and Modulation

Because of recent problems with my broadband speeds I have been continuously monitoring my Home Hub3 stats.   

Up until yesterday my Home Hub3 stats gave my Modulation as G.992.1 Annex A, which I took to mean my service was ADSL Max. 

I recieved an e-mail from BT advising me that they would be working to up grade the network in my area on 12/10/11 (today)

Today my Home Hub 3 stats give my Modulation as G992.3 Annex A.  I don't know what this means.

Can anyone advise me as to the Modulation codes for the different services?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Hub Statistics and Modulation

992.1 adslmax

992.3 adsl2  up to 12mb

992,5 adsl2+  up to 20mb

if you have just been upgraded there is a 10 training period where you need to stay connected 24/7 and during this period there may be disconnection(s) and that is normal as exchange tries to find best stable speed for your line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks.

I believe that before the upgrade my service, with G.992.1,  was up 8Mbps. Since I never achieved anything more than 2.8Mbps  I suspect the "upgrade" up to 12Mbps will mean little difference.

I suppose time will tell.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Hi it can take from a few weeks to a few months before your line is moved over to the new service as they are done in batches you can get it done earlier if you wish by phoning bt sales and renegotiating a new contract the choice is really yours
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

john46 the modulation has already changed to 992.3 so the upgrade has happened.  with the previous attenuation +about 2db I think possible new speed of about 4/4.5mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

hi my apologies had not noticed the 992.3 full hub stats may be useful
0 Ratings