Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Hub not visible

Go to solution
Hi, I recently moved to a property with a BT Home Hub 2.0. The problem is that my laptop (Windows 7) doesn't see wireless network from our hub (it sees other bt hubs from neighbours though) so I can't connect. My phone (Android) and my friend's laptop (Windows 😎 see our network and connect without a problem. Please help!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Hub not visible

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. I assume you're a BT broadband customer. Have you inherited the hub? I'm speaking from memory and stand to be corrected, but I think wireless can be turned off as long as the owner isn't opted in to BT Wi-Fi. So you need to check that. If wifi is not switched off the hub could be faulty. Does it work with an ethernet connection?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

I joined shared accomodation.

The hub has wifi on, I can access it through my Android phone, my flatmate also has an access with her Windows 8 laptop. Only my Windows 7 laptop doesn't see our hub's wifi (but sees other bt hubs from other houses) but that's the computer I need to use 😕

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Ethernet works, but I need wifi connection...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

have you tried updating your wifi card driver from manufacturer's website and not rely on windows update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
This didn't help. The only working solution came from BT tweeter, not this forum. I just switched channel on bt hub on different, less occupied frequency. Easy, peasy, lemon squeeze!
0 Ratings