cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Hub randomly kept disconnecting from broadband and now download speed really slow

My hub randomly lost connection a few times in the past few days, now all of a sudden my download speed has dropped to around 0.2mb which is barely useable. I ran a speed test through wireless and ethernet cable and same speed through both.

I read some of the other posts and I'm guesings my IP profile has been affected by constant drops. My hub still randomly disconnects too, but disconnects less frequent than last week. Do I just wait until it gets better? Any way to make sure the hub doesnt lose connection? Here's my adsl results (hub randomly disconnected 50 mins ago)...

adsl.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Hub randomly kept disconnecting from broadband and now download speed really slow

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

can you try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone  if cordless then dull hum normal

are you conencted to test socket to eliminate internal wiring as causing the problem?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Re: Hub randomly kept disconnecting from broadband and now download speed really slow

I just tried with the test socket and I got these results:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.25 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.25 Mbps

ADSL results with test socket (also noticed one different coloured pin on the faceplate ... looks as if its rusted... could this be the problem?)

adsl2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you have a low IP Profile you need to maintain a stable connection 24/7 for the next 3/5 days and your profile will rise automatically just post back your adsl stats an the speedtest and if there are still problems we can help you further
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Should I just leave it in the test socket?... here's the connection part on the faceplate, as you can see one of the pins seems rusted. Could this be why I've been losing random connection?

faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I would stay in test socket until your profile recovers.  I would also consider getting a new faceplate and if you use the master docket for your connection normally then i would buy an ADSL v1 filtered faceplate.  No other filters are then required but only the master will get broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings