cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Hub3 working but Home Hotspot 500 Extender not

Hi

I bought the Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 Multi Kit (Extender and 2x hotspots) whilst BT were providing me less than the promised 1MB/s. Long story, 9 months later and a Lift & Shift at the Exchange and all seems well at 4MB/s (top o t'hills!). I've got two fuse boxes, 30m long house with 3ft solid walls, Hub3 at one end, me at the other. Not sure if I have Hub3A or B, it was swapped 4 weeks ago.

Problem is that the Extender and Hotspots don't work. All light up well in same room and even in different rooms on same fuseboard, but not on the other fuseboard sockets. I get a combination of a single lights, two and sometimes three on the hotspots. My Laptop and iPad 'jump' to the hotspot signal...only to stop because there's no connection. I've tried rebooting all three tonight but no use. There seems to be no pattern to the lights displaying, they seem to change over a matter of minutes. I have a Ground Source Heat Pump which can draw off a chunk of current (obliquely mentioned in the accompanying docs) which may be an issue.

Anyone with clues, hints or tips as to progress? I'm very grateful for any replies.

Michael  🙂

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hub3 working but Home Hotspot 500 Extender not

Hi OutInTheWilds,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Take a look at Can I use Broadband Extenders or Home Hotspots on different electrical rings in the same house? You'll also find a list of FAQs at Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 FAQs.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hub3 working but Home Hotspot 500 Extender not

Hi David

Many thanks, I'll have a look at these.

Regards,

Michael

0 Ratings