cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whyoy
Message 1 of 3

Hubs failing!

Hi,

I'm new to BT broadband and found the set up with the Hub (3) very straightforward - until I had some electrical work done. The electrician pulled the circuit breaker to install a new socket and when he put it back the hub powered up but wouldn't conect to the internet. A phone call to India and some checks result in the hub declared bust (plus the cable from pc to hub). New hub ordered and extremely surprised to find it delivered 0800 next morning. Again installed easily and everything fine until we had a power cut (we're prone to them where we live) at 2000 when the hub again wouldn't connectSmiley Sad. The first tech gave me a **bleep** steer and said there was a broadband outage (there wasn't) but second lady again diagnosed hub shot! New one (number 3 now) arrived and apart from another blown cable, we're all back. The question is, how do I prevent it happening again when  we get a power cut? Surely they should survive a power outage without crashing. I have a top notch fuse box with rcbo's and surge protected sockets that the pc and hub are plugged into so what else could I do?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
whyoy
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hubs failing!

No ideas anyone? I'm dreading the next power outage.

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hubs failing!

Your best idea would be to get a surge protector , search around on google, they stop things like your explaining.
0 Ratings