Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wsurfa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Huge drop in available speed - Wholesale Availability checker

22 June22 June30 March30 March

As an aside to my long running connectivity issues (bad lines/jointing back to the cabinet now ongoing for 10 years), I noticed that the Wholesale availability checker shows a huge drop in expected sppeds for my line.

In March even impacted had a min of 14Mb, and, when connected, speeds were c17. Now the impacted range is 16 max, 6 min. My connection sits around 10-12, so it was recently c40% faster.

Is this usual ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Huge drop in available speed - Wholesale Availability checker

please delete your phone number as public forum and may get many spam calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

the checker is just estimated speed and should take into account speed of surrounding connections  it is not unusual for estimimate to drop as more people are added to your cabinet howevber that is only an estimate and your line will conenct at whatever speed it is capable of and can in few cases be better than top estimate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wsurfa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thanks - the cabinet is full so can't have additional people and has been for a long time. The previous higher range was stable for years, yet suddenly a 50% drop, if it's impacted by surrounding connections then they also have had a significant drop.

Which would seem to indicate a problem in the openreach lines/cabinet.
0 Ratings