cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Huge increase in speed over the past 3 months, but DLM still hasn't lowered interleaving..

Under the recommendation of users on this forum, I have made a point of leaving my modem on and connected to my line for over 90 days. This has yielded good results. My download profile has slowly crept up from 48Mbps to 64.85Mbps, and my average download speed is around 8MB/s. I'm extremely happy with that. But one thing I cannot understand is why DLM didn't remove maximum interleaving before adding so much more bandwidth. I treasure low pings over pure bandwidth (as I am an avid gamer), so I was hoping that at some point DLM would be logical and assume that if it's worth increasing my IP profile, it's also worth lowering interleaving.

I still currently get a minimum of 31ms to bbc.co.uk and other London based servers, and I live in Greater London, only a stones throw in geographical terms. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get interleaving dropped on my line? Or is it just another one of those "keep the modem on for another three months and wait for DLM to sort itself out" jobs?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
ryant704
Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: Huge increase in speed over the past 3 months, but DLM still hasn't lowered interleaving..

The erros could still be high, to my knowledge the DLM doesn't put you on fast path. You could contact the mods and they will check your stats and if stable they will try and put you on to FastPath.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 3 of 14

Re: Huge increase in speed over the past 3 months, but DLM still hasn't lowered interleaving..

So the mods can put you on FastPath?
0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 14

how?
0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 5 of 14

@lowei wrote:

Well I contacted them about a speed issue and mentioned the pings and he said maybe they could put me on FastPath if the line is stable in the future.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 14

witch mod?
0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 7 of 14

@Bullitt wrote:
witch mod?

Can't remember off the top of my head, can check the e-mail.

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 8 of 14

@ryant704 wrote:

@lowei wrote:

Well I contacted them about a speed issue and mentioned the pings and he said maybe they could put me on FastPath if the line is stable in the future.

Are you now on fastpath?

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 9 of 14

@lowei wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

@lowei wrote:

Are you now on fastpath?

No, I've not requested to be as I'm still having problems with my line which another Mod is assisting me in.

Just looked at the email from the mod, I talk about a rise in the ping he mentions that interleaving was applied so I'm assuming it was on FastPath before? but he talks about removing it this meaning it turns to FastPath or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 14

Nobody in BT Retail has the ability/access to switch off interleaving on FTTC circuits I'm afraid - it's controlled automatically by the DLM.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings