cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lowei
Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Huge increase in speed over the past 3 months, but DLM still hasn't lowered interleaving..

Thanks DeanM,
Thought it might be a early Christmas present having fastpath on my connection.
0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 12 of 14

Re: Huge increase in speed over the past 3 months, but DLM still hasn't lowered interleaving..

Taken from the email

"In regards to your ping increasing by 10ms or so, interleaving has been applied at a low depth which would explain this but if we get this fault investigated by the right people (and if there are no faults on the line) we'll try to get this removed."

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 14

That would involve a DLM reset/recalculation which is carried out by Openreach, and only happens within a few days (max) of an engineer appointment. Sorry if you were misled by that statement or under the impression that it could be initiated at any time.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

Oh well, we can't have it all I suppose!

I'm just glad to have had a steady speed increase of around 16Mbps over the past 90 days. I had little faith in DLM in the past, but it actually seems to be working out for me now. Fingers crossed interleaving will one day be removed and I'll enjoy the best of both worlds.

I'm also hoping that one day BT will give the user more control over their connection. Connection bandwidth vs ping, like Bethere does. The ability to control profiles.

Thanks for the responses anyway guys 😄

0 Ratings