Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Huge slowdowns at weekend and peak

Go to solution

This looks like the exact problem im having.Huge speed drop to as low as 0.60mb Down then back up to 75mb down.

Intermittent fault have got nowhere with live help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Hi,

I’d be VERY interested to see if this problem remained resolved after the engineer’s visit or whether it re-emerged?

I also live in the tiny village of Great Eccleston and have also been suffering almost identical problems with my BT Infinity Fibreoptic since switching from a bombproof adsl with an alternative supplier last week. Constant disconnects, for hours at peak times, very slow speeds (1Mbs) etc.

When I finally got to a UK based BT technical call centre (after 3 hours to Indian call centres who couldn’t help) they have been very friendly. But their engineer hasn’t yet found any problems he can identify such as the line problem above. I also struggle to see how a faulty line would cause disconnects/slow downs at peak times, but I’m not a technician.

Since this has happened several of my neighbours have reported similar issues with BT internet in the village. I don’t think it is the copper lines as my previous ADSL with a different ISP NEVER disconnected or slowed. All this started the instant I switched from adsl to Fibre. My speed went down from 5Mbs to 1Mbs and the internet disconnected before the Open Reach engineers had left my house. They told me it would work itself out, it hasn’t.

Engineers, who seem to be working on the Cabinet by St Mary’s school almost every day have told me there have been many problems in the village. This has caused me major problems as I now have no reliable internet and can’t work from home. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

@whitebull

this post is marked solved in 12/13 and the poster has not been back to forum since   reasonable to assume the problem was solved as only the originator or mod can mark solved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks, I ask because there have been a lot of people in our village with the same problems with Infinity that are resolved temporarily and then return.  The engineers have been working on mine today but not resolved it.  Since it has only been in the village about 18months, I'm wondering if there are teething problems.

0 Ratings