cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Hundreds of junk/spam mail.

Go to solution

Hi there. Hope some one can help. I have BT Mail and for the past few weeks i have been inundated with junk/spam mail. I have blocked mail sent some to spam to no avail, the emails still keep coming. I have had an online chat with India!!! useless. I sent an complaint email, the reply came back from India telling me to block etc etc. I think the solution is to change my email address but I don't know how to go about it and I have no desire to speak to anyone in India. I am frazzeled to say the least. Would be grateful for any assistance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Hundreds of junk/spam mail.

Go to solution

@MrT1 wrote:

Hi there. Hope some one can help. I have BT Mail and for the past few weeks i have been inundated with junk/spam mail. I have blocked mail sent some to spam to no avail, the emails still keep coming. I have had an online chat with India!!! useless. I sent an complaint email, the reply came back from India telling me to block etc etc. I think the solution is to change my email address but I don't know how to go about it and I have no desire to speak to anyone in India. I am frazzeled to say the least. Would be grateful for any assistance.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

If you've not done so already, take a look through the topics posted in this subforum - and you will see others having a similar issue.

Can you say if you're with BTMail or BTYahoo ? You can check here :-

http://pbtcsc.bt.motive.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

Blocking will not stop them I'm afraid as spammers don't use their own email address, and their spamware choses domains either at random or in an attempt to get a real company blocked. They keep changing, hence blocking doesn't work.

I've never understood why the helpdesk even suggest it.

The spam levels have increased hugely in the past few months, and until the spam filters catch up for some users, it's going to be a pain. For me, my spammed account is with BTYahoo, but the Yahoo spam filters are doing a fine job.

When you say change email addess, you can have up to 11 email addresses - so setting up a sub account via the menu system is fairly straight forward. However if your usual email address is widely known by a lot of contacts, then it can be a time consuming excercise.

Also if you use that email address as a login to websites (with a different password), then that can be quite tricky. The login will still work, but any contact from them might still need to go to the email address - hence it will still need to be checked - and at least within every 150 days to prevent email address cessation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me. I am with BT Mail and from what you have explained to me it's going to be tricky to change my email address as I use it ( with different passwords ) on a lot of different sites and I think I would get myself in a bit of a mess. So I will just keep useing the spam box in the hope that eventuately things will be sorted out.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hello

I am in the same position, I contacted BT and complained, waste of time that was!!

I was contacted, by email, to show me what to do, talk about obvious solutions!

No solution they have suggested works, and I have not had a reply from my last complaint.

To prove a point I have not sent any spam mail to the phishing address (not that they stopped any) from the 30th August, I now have 710 spam emails now but expect many more!!!

It is so sad that BT cannot sort this issue out and actually stop these parasites from sending this rubbish.

In the settings I have tried to send all the emails into the spam folder, then identify the emails I want as not spam, at least then I know the emails in the Inbox are genuine.

For BT to keep ignoring this problem shows how much they care about their Customers, I have all the BT Vision, Broadband, Phone, Sports etc with them, now they are asking about the Families mobile phones!!

As a Customer, for over 28 years, I would have thought they would make an effort.

I am going to give notice as soon as I can get a good deal from Virgin, or Sky, to change to someone who wants my business.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Me too, they are getting worse and worse. Can't believe I took another contract with them not so long ago. Never again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

How this topic is marked as solved is a joke.

For me and (most people) Spam is horrendous at the moment and has been for months.

check out: https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Spam-Filter/m-p/1655430#M45948

As you will see a number of us now forward our BT emails to a free provider like gmail or outlook.com and simply read them from there. As they have spam filters that actually get rid of spam.

You can then simply send as using your btinternet.com address anyway. It's just nice to have a clutter free inbox again.

0 Ratings