Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surfingus
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

I Left BE There For This??

Hi, 

I forgot how good BE* was until I had BT infinity installed!! 

Installation was y'day, 15 April, was a breeze, took under an hour. 

I want the home hub to be put into bridge mode so phoned 11am, the lady robot could'nt understand what "bridge mode" was. She told me that she spoke to the supervisor and he suggested I "get" a local engineer to try and fix it,

I've had the home hub less then 24hrs and they want me to get a local "butcher" to have a look at and try and fix something that should be done on the other end of the phone. 

I asked to speak to the supervisor, she said hold on for 1 minute. She came back and said he would phone me back in 15mins. THAT WAS 1 1/2HRS AGO. 

Cant wait for the next call to BT!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: I Left BE There For This??

I was with BE and to be fair, the Infinity speed is far, far quicker than the adsl \ LLU.

Regards the HH3, if you want decent performance, bin it off after the line 'training period' for a decent router. Its very limited in what it can do and frankly seems to work better when used wired as opposed to wirelessly.
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 3 of 11

Welcome to BT.  I am afraid the service is not always very expert.  

And generally people's opinion of HomeHub is even lower than people's options of the BeBox used to be.  Actually the HomeHub was an improvement is some ways for me, as it was wireless N and my older BeBox wasn't.  Not being able to set DNS servers in the router is my the main pain.

You'll probably get lots of feedback saying to ditch the HomeHub; and get your service via the forum.

(Most people who have left BE recently seem to have chosen PlusNet.  I didn't because they didn't offer 20Mbps upload when I moved.)

0 Ratings
surfingus
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Hi curiousfellow, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I was with BE for 7 odd years. Their customer services was excellent, let me SHOUT IT OUT, IT WAS EXCELLENT!! 

Do you suggest any hardware? 

0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 5 of 11

I too was with O2/BE and the service was second to none! Just got annoyed that my area had FTTC for 3 years every time i phoned up it was might be next year. Wow it's one big thing that you miss is the customer service anyway.

As has been said the HH3 isn't all that i couldn't wait to ditch my HH3 to get a netgear as my wireless speeds where 19Mbps max as i use wireless for my macbook pro and aslo i wanted my Xbox, Apple tv2,home plugs and steaming music to all have Gig ports.

And his is what i get wirelessly from my netgear it is constant no matter when and how often i do the tests, i use speedtest.net sometimes back to back to test to see if their is any difference with my wireless connection which i've been doing for 4months now my router gives me the full speed that my connection can achive if i'm connected wired or wireless.

This is a wireless test from my netgear

Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 32.88 Mbps

0 Mbps33.88 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 32.88 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-33.88 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 33.88 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 6.22 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.22Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
0 Ratings
Jorvikwarrior
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I also dumped my HH3 for an Apple Airport and have not seen a drop in sync from day one. I just seen congestion everynight from 6pm!!   For me I just dont use the BT call centre... use the mods here... far more efficient and friendly.

0 Ratings
surfingus
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Thank you all for your replies guy's. 

I will invest some hardware. 

0 Ratings
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

If you're looking for a HH3 replacement, check out the latest offering from netgear, asus and tp link. They all get good reviews.
0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 9 of 11

Sorry but I disagree guys I am am little secret HH3A fan and I think its excellent peice of equipment. I had a top of the range Belkin before which was total cack and I went back to the HH3A. I get exactly the same speeds wireless then I do ethernet and also buy yourself a repeater if you are suffering around the house. Cannot complain over here!!!, I had a little speed issue lately but that was not down to the HH3A. 🙂 Also I got worse pings using another make then the HH3A, I get 0 jitter and a good 20ms all the time and online play rocks over this ways!.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Why would you want the HH3 in bridge mode?

For VDSL it has to rely on a separate modem anyway so effectively is.

0 Ratings