Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoody
Contributor
Message 41 of 60

Re: I.P. Address hacked according to telephone call

Go to solution

In the last week i have recieved over half a dozen phone calls from the same Asian call center claiming my They are from BT and my "internet connection isn't secure"  which is funny considering i left BT a few years back and am with Sky...  What i want to know though is how did they get everyones details. Have BT's call centers in India been leaking the private data of old and current customers?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 60

Go to solution

What details? They ring numbers at random and as you say they didn't know you weren't a BT customer.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 60

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

What details? They ring numbers at random and as you say they didn't know you weren't a BT customer.

It’s clearly a scam in this instance.

MyBt shows three calls in two days from a current nuisance caller doing the rounds.

However the same caller (and number) has come back on an international out of area number, as shown on a separate call blocking device.

0 Ratings
tkole1965
Beginner
Message 44 of 60

Go to solution

Thank god for this forum. Just got a phone call from an 'Indian' sounding lady saying she's from BT and my line has been hacked by a number of people and i needed to let them help me stop it. Had me go into my laptop and pull up the run box type a code in to bring up a dos prompt and 'show' me all these lines of code to 'prove' that we were being hacked. As soon as she had me type codes in i decided to check online and found this forum. Thank you! As soon as she realized i had found this forum and told her what was written she became very insistant about me doing what she said and because i become unresponsive told me she would get me her supervisor to talk to me but instead of puting me on hold just started calling out to some guy with a Asian name so put the phone down immediately. Guess what they have not called back. 

0 Ratings
Hoody
Contributor
Message 45 of 60

Go to solution

In my case they have now resorted to using an automated calling system to tell me that they are cutting off my internet tommorow as my IP address has been compromised... It is using an American sounding voice, yesterday it said i would be cut off in 48 hrs and today 24hrs after telling me this they demand that i start hitting buttons to be transferred to their "Technical team"...

0 Ratings
BrickSmith
Contributor
Message 46 of 60

Go to solution

I just got this same phone call about cutting my internet

0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 60

Go to solution

Same here.  Call came from the following number: 0157 427 0384, which I have now blocked and reported to BT.

0 Ratings
naslaw
Beginner
Message 48 of 60

Go to solution

Hi just had another IPS Scam phone call, I felt like telling them where to go, but had to control myself for not  using  abusive language. please be careful of these people. 

0 Ratings
iannicholls
Beginner
Message 49 of 60

Go to solution

I have had four telephone calls in two days from both women and men with Asian accents claiming to be BT engineers threatening to cut off my internet connection because hackers in California have compromised my ip address.

They instruct to go to my1p address and type in www(.)bt-webnode(.)server(.)com up comes what looks like a BT webpage.  You are then asked to dowload Teamviewer and hand control to the caller.

DO NOT DO IT!  HANG UP.

I told them I am not a BT customer but the argument is that it doen't matter because BT runs the entire infrastructure and all the other providers buy from BT.

Telephone numbers and mobile numbers are in the public domain and can be readily found anywhere.

0 Ratings
turk
Beginner
Message 50 of 60

Go to solution

Same story,

-A hacker called CRAWL hacked my ip address from Mountainview, California. They tried to download Teamviewer but they didn't know i am tech minded.

I serioulsy am ready to see them thrown into lions or being butchered by gladiators in arena. That would entertain me very much. I can't imagine where i could end up if followed instructions.

Possible outcomes are;

-They could upload a trojan virus to my computer and watch me entering passwords

-Lost control of my emails, 

-Lost control of my paypal, my bank account linked in there,

-Lose my last 275£ in my bank through paypal

-get access to my google passwords (that is scary)

-take control of digital identity

-me need to beg people for money to pay bills,

-need to create a new email, format the laptop, reset router, update email address on mobile phone, can't wipe to phone because google passwords required.................and so on so on.......

i changed my idea. them sort of people needed to be burned alive......

0 Ratings