cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feegee
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

I am genuinely in tears here

Hi folks, i need some help/advice again and i am being honest with what my title says.

I have only been with BT since the 5th of May and originally my intention was to go onto BT Basic but before i migrated i called the BT basic phone number to make enquires  and i was told the only way to do this was to join BT then after i had paid my first months line rental etc then i could phone up and asked to be switched to BT Basic but with the package i signed up for i was genuinely happy enough to pay for the package i chose until i found out that i couldn't get BT Sport through the you view box (as i was informed on friday by one of the mods )  So i made the decision to call up and ask for a form to be sent out to me for BT Basic and the girl told me that i would have to pay £21 for my broadband for a month (which is 4 times what i'm paying at the moment) as my services have to be "split" while they sort this out and she asked was i happy to do that, well i didn't really have much choice did i ?  So i agreed. Anyway, i have just come out of hospital after spending the weekend in there to see an email which states not only do i have to pay the £21 for my broadband but i have to pay £20 as well for my phone service and i assume my line rental at £16.99 too and my new service will be starting tomorrow but how can they do this when i have not even received an application form yet for BT Basic, surely this is so wrong when BT Basic is supposed to be there to help people who are in certain situations. I haven't even had my moneys worth of my first full month yet and now they expect me to pay triple for a service that hasn't been approved yet.

Can someone advise me on this please as i am really at my wits end with this whole BT thing and not only physically but mentally too i am not strong enough to deal with this on my own.

Thanks for reading and i'm sorry my post is so long but it's the only way i can explain it. I know the mods probably won't be around until tomorrow but i hope they will pick up on this. Many Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: I am genuinely in tears here

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thank you.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 5

Hi Feegee,

I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I have sent the details to you as requested PaddyB.

0 Ratings