cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moshandy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

I am getting really annoyed now.

When we first joined BT it was non stop good service for a year, now after that we have had non stop **bleep** problems with them, I feel sorry for the person whose had over 10 engineer visits and their broadband still hasn't been fixed because i am annoyed even at this stage.

Two problems, firstly, speed plummeted to half of it's original, second problem, broadband disconnects when we get called.

First engineer fixed speed, said he fixed the disconnections, he didn't.

Second engineer, again says he fixed it and it hasn't been fixed.

Nothing is wrong at our end, we've had a new master socket fitted (the only one in the house) and we've been put on a new cable from the green box to our house, it's obviously a problem with d-side (green box to exchange) and BT can't be **bleep**ing bothered to fix it! Sorry for my language but this is appauling, BT isn't exactly the cheapest broadband supplier are they and they don't even have **bleep**ing BRITISH support! It's a nightmare phoning up everytime something happens because getting through to them is chaos! And when we're paying for a service that isn't working how it should they should fix it properly.

I'm sure alot of other people get as annoyed as I am right now over BTs diminishing service.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
inchindown
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: I am getting really annoyed now.

I really feel for you. I had years of good service and reliable BB speed until last month when it suddenly dropped by more than half overnight. I've only had 2 engineer visits and both say nothing is wrong at my end. When you contact BB support it's like they have this script they go through and if you don't ask one of the questions on their script, they just seem unable to be of any help. You get the constant mantra of disconnect all other equipment, plug in to the test socket etc. Doesn't really seem to matter how many times you tell them you have done this already, they just persit with th the chant. I really despair of this lot, but I can't really see any of the others being much better.

I might just switch to Sky for a laugh and see what happens. It can't be much worse than I'm getting from BT. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
moshandy
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

I'm thinking about going to someone who can provide me with my own line, and yeah Sky and O2/Be seem to get better reviews than BT.

I also like how a mod has edited my post yet can't help me out. Thanks Stephanie.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

if you are correct and the problem is green box to exchange then regardless who you use apart from VM you will still have the same cable but possibly LLU equipment in the exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Hi Remember one thing sky o2/be all use the same copper pair from your exchange to your home supplied and maintained by Openreach so there is no benefit in changing if the fault is in the cabling then it will still be there you asked about the mods editing your post have you mailed them for help?? If you have not then here is the contact link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
0 Ratings
moshandy
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

I've contacted them now, and it sucks that we live on a terrace house, can't get virgin fibre optics or cable, and maybe switching to LLU equipment might help, god knows.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

will make no difference as it still uses the same copper pairs till that is sorted nothing will improve
0 Ratings
moshandy
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Well looks like i'll have to just get BT to fix the problem then, like they should.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

as you have the mods involved you should soon get the issue sorted they normally respond within 72 hours
0 Ratings