cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mardood82
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

I am slowly going bonkers !

For some reason I cannot explain, I have three independant accounts with BT. 1) My Landline - normal expensive monthly line rental probably in place since 1992. 2) Business Broadband, billed to my business on a 100% seperate account to my personal landline set up by my IT department in 2004 - 3) in a blind panic and finding that the Home Use Department cannot communicate with the Business Team and I wanted BT Sport - I took out a third contract in 2015. So although the Business Broadband is billed via my work - I have 3 accounts. This evening I thought I would start the same process which I tried in 2015 of consolidating the lot into a single affordable contract in line with new offers on the table, absolutely no chance, I cannot even find a telephone number to have a sensible discussion with someone at BT. Its all online FAQ - rubbish. I am sure 12 months ago their was live chat (as much use as it was), but that seems to have gone so I find myself going around in circles wondering if I should report a fault or not  ! I suppose they are having my trousers down taking around £ 35 a month for line rental and calls, £ 28 for BT Sport and £ 22 via my business for Broadband - more of a rip off than sky. So does anyone have a telephone number where I can have sensible discussion about this rather than sit in a queue where my call is so important the operative can't be bothered and gives me another number to call - I need ONE BILL.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: I am slowly going bonkers !

BT Retail and BT Business, operate as two separate businesses, its not possible to have one bill for both.

As far as I am aware, you cannot have BT Sport on a BT business account.

I will ask a moderator to comment.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Mardood82 You may wish to consider moving your business broadband service to a residential broadband package and then your BT Sport account could be merged to provide one account for all your services (Residential)

If you need to keep your Business broadband package it's not possible to have one bill for all your services.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Mardood82
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Yeah I know that but I thought it would be kind of easy to transfer my business account to the residential and stick BT Sport on and pay a sensible price, but its like asking for the moon on a stick. Maybe I just have to cancel the lot and start again. But it may not be with BT - I cannot pay what I am paying any longer
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Mardood82 You would be best to speak with the business to residential conversion team on 0800 707 6309 (8am to 6pm Mon-Fri) to move your broadband over. Make sure to check that you are not in contract for your business package.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Mardood82
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Cheers thats why I posted on here. I had no idea about this team and it does not come up in the help section and Residential have never given me said number. I hope its not another call centre but worth a bash. Off the top although I can find this out for myself tomorrow, would I have entered into a minimum term contract with BT Sport seeing as I took it out independant of my landline.
0 Ratings
Mardood82
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thinking out loud, as usual all the offers pertain to new customers or existing customers looking to upgrade their package. I am trying to consolidate to save money and stay with BT - but as neither contract is of benefit to the others - technically I should be considered new customer of Broadband at least and then battle over BT Sport.
0 Ratings