cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captain_Colin
Beginner
Message 11 of 31

Re: I can't activate my BT ID!!

Why are so many people having trouble activating their BT IDs? I can't activate mine either, and it seems that BT have stuck my old account number on my ID (I was a customer before and just switched back to BT). Customer services in India don't know how to find my correct account number.

I could not enter the answer to my secuity qusetion, even when I copied the answer from another session. I changed my security question, but the old one kept reappearing on the acivate BT ID screen (I did clear the cache).

This all fill me with dread at the quality of service from BT.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 12 of 31

Hi @Captain_Colin,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your BT ID. I can see that my colleague @DavidM replied to your last thread here

I'll be able to remove that old account number from your BT ID. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Captain_Colin
Beginner
Message 13 of 31

If you can remove the old account, can you ask customer service to mail me the correct account number?
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 14 of 31

They can post it to your home address @Captain_Colin but they will never email it to you.

If you need our help setting it all up for you, do as @DavidM asked please under your thread My account and the My BT app.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
bruce1f
Beginner
Message 15 of 31

I have the exact same problem,i was taking the advantage of the EE offer of 6 months free BT sport on my mobile,set everything up and it asked me for my mothers maiden name which i typed in ...they now tell me that it is incorrect..just spent half an hour on hold and eventually spoke to someone in India who hasnt got a **bleep** clue!!

0 Ratings
Captain_Colin
Beginner
Message 16 of 31

Resolved by me creating a new BT ID with the correct account number and a new email address. I never got an answer to the confusion about security questions though. I think the BT system must have some defects in it.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 31

@Captain_Colin wrote:
 I think the BT system must have some defects in it.

Understatement of the year!!

0 Ratings
Jamespenn
Beginner
Message 18 of 31

I have the same problem, I'm an EE customer trying to set up the offer of 6 months free BT sport. Registered and when I try to activate the ID it says my mothers maiden name is wrong then my password is wrong. Called BT about 10 times last week and no one has a clue. Can someone please help me, I think I may have had a BT I'd about 10 years ago and possibly linked to the same email I'm using now. When I try to reset the password it just tells me a problem with my security question and to call, just going round in circles now
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 31

BT ID team should be able to help you with. You can reach them at the below link:

BT ID Chat

0 Ratings
Nigelmcfc
Beginner
Message 20 of 31

I've got the same issue. Can anyone help?
0 Ratings