cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

I can't connect to the BT WIFI hotspots. #2

Problem determing what my BT ID is.   The circumstances are I normally log into my bt account by using the details  name@btinternet.com and a password. I could until recent hiccups to email account ( the btyahoo saga) do that without problem. That being the case I assumed that name@btinternet.com was my BT ID.

Here is the problem...having failed to log into bt wif fi using login name@btinternet.com( openzone)...I contacted the chat window. Person at the other end checked things out and came back with the BT ID being name63@btinternet.com  

Seems I have an email name63 that was created by the chat folks and they have it as my BT ID......openzone, which worked ok for me under name.

When I get the wifi to check name@btinternet.com it reports that it is not a primary ID

Next step...try wifi with name63 and the password identified by the chat window....nope....it doesnt work.......HELP !!!!!!

Do I need to go through the India techs to get the fix, or can UK sort it out.

I am currently waiting on BT sending, via post, a pin number  ( maybe the pin number will sort it out???)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

I can't connect to the BT WIFI hotspots. #2

Seems I have an email name63 that was created by the chat folks and they have it as my BT ID......openzone, which worked ok for me under name.

for clarity ...

Seems I have name63@btinternet.com showing as my Primary BT ID...........BTopenzone, which previously worked ok for me under name@btinternet.com does not accept the login 63 and the password associated with the email address. 

India wanted me to do a password reset....but I am scared to do that in case it further screws me up and I lose email/bt account access altogether.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: I can't connect to the BT WIFI hotspots. #2

Hi @NOT_HAPPY1,

Thanks for posting. I moved your posts as you've posted on a solved thread. I'm sure I can sort this out for you. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings