cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riggo
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

I cancelled and moved out over 1.5 years ago and I'm still being charged.

Hi there,

I've written to BT several times to stop billing me, as I moved out over 1.5 years ago. Yet, I am still charged  about £15 monthly.

What do I have to do to get through to BT?

Every time I have looked over the past year, the website seems to just want to funnel me through a series of questions, when I just want to have a simple conversation with a person.

The new website is even worse in this regard, with it's use of "interactive" pages which don't work properly in the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Hopefully someone will see this forum post and offer some help.

Regards

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: I cancelled and moved out over 1.5 years ago and I'm still being charged.

I wouldn't bother with the web site. Unless you want to buy something, it's largely useless and even then it's utterly confusing.

I've usually achieved the most by phoning the billing department.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 5

Hi riggo,

Welcome to the forum.

I'll be able to help with this, are receiving any bills from BT for this? If so, can you email the account number associated with the bill?

I'll also need your forum username (riggo). If you aren't receiving any bills, I'll need your previous property's full address (including the post code).

Click on my username and check under "about me" for our email address.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
riggo
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi Stephanie,

I've emailed you the details.

Cheers.

#Ectophile - I agree, the main website is confusing and doesn't function properly. It appears to have quite a few bugs. Thanks for replying.
0 Ratings
riggo
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi David (BT), thanks for your email.

Thanks for looking into this.

However, I can’t really see how it helps to decline to return any of the moneytaken by BT.

Regarding you not being able to find my letter of cancellation of the service - if you were able to find a letter, it would probably/may have been read at the time and acted upon.

It’s clear from looking at the usage of the line that it has not been used, which matches with my account.

The only people who have gained from this situation is BT to the tune of about 1.5 years line rental and "no usage" charges, which to me is slightly suspicious.

I will post this on the forum in case you don’t get it from your email.

I will also find out the original letter, not that I see how that helps; you either believe me and want to take action for taking money for an unwanted/used service, or you don’t.

I think the latter is the case.

Who is more likely to have made an error? I, who only has my own line to look after, or BT who has millions of lines to look after?

Regards,
Kevin
0 Ratings