cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speaker01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

I cant remote access my IP Cam.

Please can somebody help me. I am trying to remote access my IP cam from my work place, but somehow I cant.

I used to be able access Trendnet cam from my work place but something seems to have happened and I can no longer access it.

I have now added another cam to my network which I can access from my local hospitals public access wifi but not from my work place which is a college. I am a member of staff and have access to Eduroam.

My OS is Win 10- Home Hub5. I use Googles public DNS and I have an account with NO-IP.com for my DDNS.

I have tried to input my devices IP into a browser and get nothing and as for Port Forwarding I am afraid that it is a bit over my head.

My wife will be coming home from hospital within the next few days and would like to be able to keep an eye on her from time to time to make sure that she is comfortable. My wife has bowel cancer and is undergoing treatment right now. She will have carers popping in and out until she is able to do things for herself, however I would like to be able to see for myself how she is doing.

I am sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: I cant remote access my IP Cam.

If you can access your cameras from the hospital but not your workplace, then it has to be due to a restriction placed on your workplace network. Speak to the college IT department to see if the no-ip.com domain is blocked.

This is probably the case, and they may not unblock it, as there is no way to filter content from personal websites that may host unsuitable content.

0 Ratings
speaker01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. I can log onto my no-ip account from my college and modify the devices that I have registered with them.
At home if I put the IP into e.g. Firefox I get the following error: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.80.

Does this make any difference?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you have two IP cameras, they need to be on different ports. Camera 1 could use the default web port 80, but camera 2 would need to use a different port like port 81.

That would be done within the camera configuration. Also its advisable to give each of them a static IP address, say camera 1 on 192.168.1.50  and camera 2 on 192.168.1.51.

These pages may help.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/cctvip.html

Also

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/portforward.html

You will need to be connected to the BT network to view these pages.

0 Ratings