cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

I carnt use my speed

pls can you help. bt says I get up to 3 Meg but what I get to use is less than harf a Meg. bt has been no help over 7 years to fix it my normal down load speedd is around 200kbs bt performance test says down load in mbps 1.39 up load is 0.12, and ping is240.75.

if you can help it wold be aamazing as I now am cripled and the Internet is a big part of me not going in sane

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:07:43
Downstream:3.031 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.1 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):53.5 dB / 27.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):18.5 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):2308 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):2 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):3 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):16 / 3

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: I carnt use my speed

im sorry if the spelling is bad i am very deslixc

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run the diagnostic test and post the results

are you connected to the master or test socket?  do you have any other sockets in other rooms

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

im in master soaket, when ever i do that test it says i get 3 or so meg, but i dont get to play with it, torking to the teck department i up my pc in safe moad with net and re cheaked by down loading from steam but still only got around 200bls down load for the game

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

i for got to say that i have had every singal type of moden bt has ever used as they sent me them to try but im on the lastist mrk 3 i think

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

you need to run http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and when first test finishes run the diagnostic test and post results.

do you have other sockets in your home if so can you connect to the test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Re: FEC Events (Down/Up): - Definition?

mine has been used for years now my line inside of the house is brand new as we had a house fire i only get 220kbs ish but i get 3 mg by there tests the crc events are in the 1000s over 24hr as i under stand it i can use this as there tested say there is no nouse on the line but i have a recording of the nouse, i asked to be transferd to some one that can exsplaine the crc etc to be but got told only an engernear can exsplaine it. of my errors seconds local is 5650 and remote is 138 but that gose up on the local all most every second

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Re: FEC Events (Down/Up): - Definition?

you need to repost your adsl stats and also run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

I have also merged this post with your previous posts a ongoing problem

0 Ratings