cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Interesting_Ian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

I don't want BT sports. I didn't when it was free, and I certainly do not now.

BT insist on giving me BT sports for free when I signed up for my broadband. I wasn't interested in it at all, but since it was free I didn't kick up a fuss . .now they're are charging me for it! I can't even watch it anyway since I don't get any TV from them!

All these companies are interested in are ripping people off as much as they can.

My question is how do I get rid of it?  I tried ringing up but I haven't got time to hang on for an eternity. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: I don't want BT sports. I didn't when it was free, and I certainly do not now.

Try reading this http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/blank/a_id/53696/

There's a link to an on-line form.

0 Ratings
thepaws
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Re: I don't want BT sports. I didn't when it was free, and I certainly do not now.

I have exactly the same problem. I am now being charged each month for BT Sport - when I tried to cancel it online (no-one answers the phone when I ring and no-one phones me back when I leave a call back message) I get told I can't cancel it because I don't have BT Sport!!! How pathetic of BT. Very very poor to dupe customers in this way. They are also increasing my phone line charge so I can cancel my contract with them - when I can get through to them.... I wasn't going to because the broadband works but after this episode I will be leaving them. Nice customer service BT! Has anyone else managed to cancel their BT Sport that they didn't want?! 

0 Ratings
Interesting_Ian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

They really are complete *scumbags* beyond all measure.
0 Ratings
Interesting_Ian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Hi thanks for this. I said to them:

This is theft. I do not want BT sports. I have never wanted it. The fact that you scumbags robbing me are allowed to do this demonstrates what a complete ass the law is.
0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 6 of 10

When you do get to cancel BT Sport, you are entitled to a refund of the £5 additional cost as long as you contact BT within 30 days of being billed.
0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 7 of 10

If you are billed quarterly then there will £5 for each month since the 1st of August. You can get a refund of these monthly payments as long as you cancel BT Sport within 30 days of your quarterly bill.
0 Ratings
Interesting_Ian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

But how do I cancel??  They make it impossible to contact them!

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 9 of 10

Try 0800 800030 (UK based) and don't forget to ask for the refund.
0 Ratings
Confused3
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Good luck with this, I feel exactly the same. Only took it when it was free, never used it I'm going to try and change all my package. Feel this was sneaked on to me and wouldn't have bothered if I had foreseen this happening. Really disappointed!

0 Ratings