Message 11 of 16

Re: I give up on BT.

Low and behold, the call never came.
0 Ratings
Timbo666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

My sympathies.  BT is not really interested in anything other than easy-to-reach urban & town premises where it can offer high speeds at low capital cost per punter.

If BT was truly interested in nationwide good service there would be regional UK offices with direct numbers you could call where your type of technical fault could be discussed in clear English.  Engineers could then be briefed in English to make the (relatively) short journey to your premises and fix the problem.  But BT reaching out to its customer base like that is not going to happen.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

regional offices would not work I am afraid due to People calling wrong numbers also the same problems apply with engineers with every other provider even those with UK call centres as the engineers are nothing to do with either BT or any other provider the network is maintained and provided by Openreach who work on behalf of over 500 phone and broadband providers it is nothing to do with BT being interested in easy to reach areas it cost just the same to provide a phone and broadband service in a town or city as it does in the middle of nowhere in deed there are parts of towns a cities with similar speeds to yours
0 Ratings
mclarenrob2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

I take it back, BT actually called! Albeit after when they said.

Turns out it's a network fault. Possibly underground between the exchange and wherever it goes next.

We have been told this before.

What I can't understand is why our broadband is super slow when my neighbours on the same line are working fine...

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

could be using a different multicore cable to yourself
0 Ratings
mclarenrob2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

So here's the latest..

We spotted an Openreach van go past, and later that day the broadband was running at a brilliant 4.80mbps
It's been running fine until tonight, now it is continuously disconnecting showing the orange light and occasionally the red B

0 Ratings