Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

I give up...

So a few weeks into using the YouView box, and I am close to giving up....the main issues for me are:

- chopping the end off recordings

- the tuner losing its tunings (tonight I cannot get ITV or Channel 4)

- faled recordings (might be related to the tuner issue)

- not being able to access the on demand services without a reboot

Its made watching TV too much like hard work....am plugging the old BTVision box back in tomorrow and may be will try YouView in a couple of months after some software updates

mikef

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
bobjob
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: I give up...

talk about out of the frying pan into the fire eh!!!!!dont you just love bt.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

A new update has just been rolled out and will be hitting the BT boxes on 6/11. Hope this sorts out some problems for you.

I've had mine a week now and so far no major problems, just one freeze on the first day but since then it's all been OK.

0 Ratings
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Cheers...looking over at the YouVIew forums the patch  doesnt have a fix for any of my issues...though they are aware of the tuner issue and are working on a fix....

0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

@bobjob wrote:

talk about out of the frying pan into the fire eh!!!!!dont you just love bt.

Isn't the youview box a Humax product? I don't think BT have anything to do with the actual box itself - just the BT app on it.

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

i agree,but if BT are wanting people to go on youview with there app they should have made sure its fit for purpose,and when i e mailed youview about my box losing connection daily they told me to ring BT.????

0 Ratings