http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/019476632176

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: I got phone call Scam

SCAM!

Never talk to these callers, just put the phone down.

Don't call the number back as it may be a high-rate number and you may get a large bill!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

I usually lead them on for as long as I can. So it costs them.

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings
submarinex1
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

its cold calling for internet provider, how is that a scam( in the real sense of a scam)

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

Its NOT cold calling for an internet provider.

Its calling to get you to go to a web address which allows them access to your computer so that they can collect personal information such as bank details, passwords, etc.

Be very alert to this!

0 Ratings
Caudwell
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

he has not call back today good job if he did tell me to go to an web address i nv do it thx guys

im alls Aletrt i fort of post this up to tell you guys about thus Scam i had nps

0 Ratings
Sweeney47
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

If its the same scam I know of, they make you go to a website, ask you to download a fake antivirus or run their web antivirus program, which shows problems/errors with your PC (the 'problems' exist but everyone has them and they have no affect on the running of your pc). They then charge you a huge amount to 'fix' the problems which they dont.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I use Linux but I don't tell them that. It's hilarious when they tell you to do something but.."Sorry mate, I can't see what your on about". They do give up after about 10 minutes.

And the most important bit ?

It costs THEM.

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings
ashlie
Message 9 of 10

I also got a phone call earlier this evening, he mentioned microsoft (call came up as Out of area) he said my internet provider said my computer was running slow and was this right said I had had a few problems with getting on line but was ok now. He asked me to go on line so he could help ! I asked who my internet provider was and he couldn't tell me as they weren't given this information, told him I couldn't go on line at the moment as I had people just arriving.

Afraid I felt a bit spooked out by this and haven't found anyone from BT to talk to, the operator put me through to nuisance calls which of course don't work in the evenings !!! thanks BT operator !

0 Ratings
Evs
Message 10 of 10

Same scam, I'm told the tel companies can detect the call number even if withheld. They called me twice at about 12.30ish and no other witheld calls anywhere around this time. Who do we report these things to so they can investigate and cut the buggers off!?

0 Ratings