cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: I had a call from an alleged BT sales person asking if I wanted to move my Broadband to BT and y

Actually, I'll tell you all a story... but a true one (or two).

I'm signed up with the TPS and have been for years. And all was well, for years. With NO cold calls. Ever. Then, about 12 mths ago... BLAM! We started being battered by scam calls from India (God knows where they got our Ex-D number from).

I = India

M = Me

Ring Ring! So I pick the phone up...

Me - 'Hello?'

India (in a ridiculously heavy foreign accent) - 'Hello, this is Computer Support. You have a virus on your computer. Go to your computer immediately!!!'

M - Pardon? Where are you from?

I - Computer Support! You have a virus on your computer! GO TO YOUR COMPUTER IMMEDIATELY!! (Translation - THEY want to put a virus on your computer, so they can charge you for then taking it off).

M - Which computer?

I - Your Windows computer!

M - Oh, sorry, I have a MAC (which I don't).

I - What?

M - I have a MAC.

I - Click, dhuuuuuuuuuuh...

Then one mth ago, I got a call from a UK sales company, and they also had my name (scary that).

Cold Caller - Hello, is that Mr Masona2?

Me - Speaking.

CC - We have a new BB service we'd like to tell you about -

Me - (I cut her short), Where did you get this number from? I'm Ex-D AND registered with the TPS. Where did you get my number from?

CC - (clearly realising I knew what I was talking about) - Oh, sorry about that, sorry for troubling you. Goodbye. Click, dhuuuuuuuu...

So as Phil Esterhaus used to say in Hill Street Blues - Hey, lets be careful out there!

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Rachael42
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 13

Re: I had a call from an alleged BT sales person asking if I wanted to move my Broadband to BT and y

lol masona 

its like when i go into pcworld (other computer emporiums are available) and they come running over to me saying can i help you. 

I just reply i doubt it but you can try.

ps i do have a mac 

no trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 13

Ohh....

Thats funny.

I know the tone of your posts, lol.  I hope you didn't give them too hard a time. Just a little bit of one!

Its like when you ring your service provider (whichever one, at the time, it may be), and the CSA finishes the call with -

"Is there anything else I can help you with?".

OMG, I have a field day with that one.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings