cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

I had forebodings about ordering infinity2 from BT...and I was right!

Go to solution

After 10 years great service from Eclipse, I have just changed (with some trepidation) to Bt in order to get infininty 2, which has just become available in my area. Unfortunately competitors cannot compete on price for fibre and cannot offer above 38Mbps, or I would have stayed with Eclipse.

When I placed the order I was at pains to point out that the phone wiring in my property was circa late 1950 with star wiring, to two sockets and a repeater bell, and an ancient supressor in series with the line. I tried to speak with a manager to make this point but the operator said she had asked one and that everything would be fine!

This morning a sub contractor, switched the line over at the cabinet, and then arrived at the property to fit a new faceplate to the non-existent master socket. When he saw the wiring he immediately said it was unsuitable and that it would all have to be replaced from the pole onwards....exactly what I had tried to put across when I booked the installation.

After fighting with Bt's automated telephone call routing, I eventually managed to get on to a very good operator, who appreciated immediately the problem, checked the sub-contractors report which had already been filed (saying that the drop wire and installation was sub standard) and she fixed me up with an appointment with a muliti-disciplined openreach engineer next Wednesday.

Well a week late is better than never, but I hope they get it right then, or my MAC will run out, and I will have to start the whole process again!

I believe BT records customers calls....maybe they should listen to them. In my case it would have saved a lot of hassle.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: I had forebodings about ordering infinity2 from BT...and I was right!

Go to solution

Once you have given you MAC to BT it will not run out. The process has started and you will not need to give it again.

Hopefully the appointment will go ahead as scheduled and you will be up and running without problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
you do not need to renew the MAC as it has already been used
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

OK Thanks re the Mac....however I hope that they get the install right on the second attempt.

The other issue is that I will have to pay my present provider more if they don't get it done then, or I will end up with no service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just to set the record straight, and to give credit where it is due. Today everything went like clockwork. A BT Openreach engineer arrived just after 8am. He spent the morning, ditiching teh original start wiring and installinga master socket and extension lead to my mode site. He then replaced the old drop wire from the pole across the road and hey presto. 78Mb and 19.53Mbps down/upload speed. Smiley Happy

PS he left his openreach hard-hat behind by mistake. Contacted BT and trying to get it back to hi.

0 Ratings