cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamjar62
Expert
Message 1 of 7

I have a Dilema help please ?

Hi All I,m due to be ordering the Infinity soon , but i have a dilema 🙂  I want to know if to get a draytek2750n & free up a socket and less cables or get just a new router  ? I will give the HH3 & OR Modem  a try ,but i,m just wondering which way to go ?

JamJar62
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: I have a Dilema help please ?

@jamjar62 wrote:

Hi All I,m due to be ordering the Infinity soon , but i have a dilema 🙂  I want to know if to get a draytek2750n & free up a socket and less cables or get just a new router  ? I will give the HH3 & OR Modem  a try ,but i,m just wondering which way to go ?

Hi jamjar62, you know you are the only person who can answer that question. Smiley Wink

Why not just leave well alone for a few weeks/months and see how things go. You might save yourself sheds of money.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 3 of 7

yeah thats what i will do ..thanks 🙂
JamJar62
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@toekneem I totally agree leave things alone for a few weeks you may not need or want to change anything
0 Ratings
Banbert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Give the HH3 a chance, you may be pleasently surprised.

I have used various netgear, cisco, d-link, and solwise routers over the last decade at work as an IT bod and as a heavy home user and when I recently moved to infinity from Aquiss FTTC business I thought the HH3 would quickly get discarded in favor of the Cisco E3000 router that I had been using on Aquiss but after 2 months of testing the HH3 its the Cisco thats going on ebay.

The HH3 interface is far more dumbed down than many others but its also quite feature rich if you dig into it, I havent found anything I cant do on it yet that I needed.

I thought WiFi on the HH3 may be worse than on the E3000 because that had dual simultaneous bands but in fact the WiFi on the HH3 has proved to be very good and in fact gives better coverage at distance than the E3000.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

There is certainly no point in spending money on a Modem or router unless its got something you need that your present equipment lacks.

If its a case of "I just want to spend money" then I am quite happy to PM my Bank details to anyone that wants it.Smiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

@toekneem wrote:

@jamjar62 wrote:

Hi jamjar62, you know you are the only person who can answer that question. Smiley Wink

Why not just leave well alone for a few weeks/months and see how things go. You might save yourself sheds of money.

I just had Infinity installed about three weeks ago and I'm doing the same for now. Down the road if I feel like I need a better modem/router or need to free up a power socket I may consider getting something else.
0 Ratings