cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 42

I have been told I have a bridge trap on my line, so how can I get an engineer out to have a look?

Hi there, I have been monitoring my line for a view days on MyDSLwebStats. My username is "GaZaai" on there.

After posting on the kitz forum someone has told me I have a bridge trap on my line somewhere. As this picture suggests:

Gazaai-BridgeTap.png

How can I get an enginner out to come have a look at this, as this could possibly push my speeds even higher hitting 80mb?

Thanks

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 42

Re: I have been told I have a bridge trap on my line, so how can I get an engineer out to have a loo

First look at your own internal wiring for errors.

infinity_wiring2.jpg

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 42

Re: I have been told I have a bridge trap on my line, so how can I get an engineer out to have a loo

The cable comes from outside with no joints straight to the NTE5 with no extensions and an Openreach mk2 faceplate.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 42

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a Home Hub 5, please display the full connection statistics including noise margins, by following the instructions on this page.

Check your connection speed for the Home Hub 5

Could you please post the results from the BT Speedtester, including the further diagnostics.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Thanks

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 42

a1178c7fac74db43c41d0b7b1aea0796.png

1ae52ede55731646ff36b22df7e74569.png

WAN
B0 Traffic TypePTM
B0 Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps)19217
B0 Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps)69059
B1 Traffic TypeInactive
B1 Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps)0
B1 Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps)0
Default Gateway / IPv4 Addressppp1.1 (DSL) / (hidden)
Connection Time5 Day(s) 12:10:28
Primary DNS Server8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS Server8.8.4.4
Default IPv6 Gateway / IPv6 Address
xDSL
ModeVDSL2
Traffic TypePTM
StatusUp
Link Power StateL0

DownstreamUpstream
Line Coding (Trellis)OnOn
SNR Margin (dB)6.26.2
Attenuation (dB)19.60.0
Output Power (dBm)12.77.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps)6971119217

Rate (Kbps)6905919217

B (# of bytes in Mux Data Frame)243239
M (# of Mux Data Frames in an RS codeword)11
T (# of Mux Data Frames in an OH sub-frame)064
R (# of redundancy bytes in the RS codeword)1014
S (# of data symbols over which the RS code word spans)0.11250.3974
L (# of bits transmitted in each data symbol)180615113
D (interleaver depth)81
I (interleaver block size in bytes)254127
N (RS codeword size)254254
Delay (msec)00
INP (DMT symbol)47.000.00

OH Frames00
OH Frame Errors41246
RS Words3965358704364906
RS Correctable Errors2451084821
RS Uncorrectable Errors00

HEC Errors00
OCD Errors00
LCD Errors00
Total Cells30588553760
Data Cells9983854440
Bit Errors00

Total ES21003
Total SES00
Total UAS8383

As you can see my speed is below the minimum Clean range, which I think is due to this bridge trap somewhere outwith my home.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 42

Nothing wrong with that, its within range, and your noise margin is correct.

You may like to check your internal wiring to make sure that there are no extension connected to it, as that will affect the available bandwidth,

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 42

You will have great difficulty in getting an engineer visit to improve something that is within limits.

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 42

How is it within the clean range when you can clearly see the speed for my line is set at 66.77Mpbs and the minimum speed for my line is 68.2Mbps for my line.

I know my line looks decent, but as you can see from the Attenuation over frequency graph there is an indication that there is a bridge trap on the line somewhere. This must be causing my speed to be less than it should be.

I doubt the issue is in my house as I have said above the phone line comes in and straight onto the NTE5 master socket with no extensions and is connected using a Openreach mk2 filter.

I believe getting an engineer to have a look at this, would be reasonable.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 42

@galabonnyboy wrote:

How is it within the clean range when you can clearly see the speed for my line is set at 66.77Mpbs and the minimum speed for my line is 68.2Mbps for my line.

I know my line looks decent, but as you can see from the Attenuation over frequency graph there is an indication that there is a bridge trap on the line somewhere. This must be causing my speed to be less than it should be.

I doubt the issue is in my house as I have said above the phone line comes in and straight onto the NTE5 master socket with no extensions and is connected using a Openreach mk2 filter.

I believe getting an engineer to have a look at this, would be reasonable.

No, your downstream rate is 69Mbps. Entirely your choice to ring CS and try to get an engineer but I would be very surprised if you get one.

PS It's Bridge TAP not trap.

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 42

Ok cheers I thought it was trap lol

I thought you can get a moderator to request an engineer visit on here?

I also thought it was the IP Profile that matched up with the ADSL Checker, that’s what it should be as that will be the speed you actually receive.

0 Ratings