cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 42

Re: I have been told I have a bridge trap on my line, so how can I get an engineer out to have a loo

The mods only get involved if the problem is not resolved via the help line and as your connection speed is within spec you will not get an Openreach visit

Your IP profile is always lower than your Connection speed to allow for operating overheads Calculated as 96.79% of the sync speed or 96.69% for g.inp lines.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 42

Re: I have been told I have a bridge trap on my line, so how can I get an engineer out to have a loo

@galabonnyboy wrote:

Ok cheers I thought it was trap lol

I thought you can get a moderator to request an engineer visit on here?

Only if normal channels have failed.

I also thought it was the IP Profile that matched up with the ADSL Checker, that’s what it should be as that will be the speed you actually receive.

No, its download speed.

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 42

I know they are in spec now but it’s just annoying knowing now there is a wiring issue affecting the possibility of me achieving even higher speeds.

Isn’t there a way for openreach to test my line just now without having an engineer visit, and if they find any faults then send an engineer?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 42

All you can do is ring customer services.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 42

in one word NO Openreach will not be interested as your connection is in spec they would have to send an engineer out and that will cost
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 42

If you want to pay £130 for an engineer visit, as that is what you will be charged if they find nothing wrong because your line is within the estimate limits I'm sure one can be arranged for you.

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 42

Yes I am ok with that, as at least then I have tried to get this possible Bridged trap removed. Can you book one for me please?

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 42

No. You would need to phone customer services and explain to them what you believe the problem is and explain that you wish to pay to have an engineer out to check your connection.

galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 42

So why would I say I want to pay, as you said above it will be free unless there is nothing found. I am on the pone just now but he is no use, he sending a replacement home hub 5 which I don’t even need. And is ignoring my request to book an engineer.

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 42

You are just going to waste your money, there are many things that affect speed which are not shown on the estimates.

Aluminium cable is one of them.

The actual likelyhood of a teed in pair from the cabinet to your house, is very slim. I think you are being misled, and I am sure others here would agree.

In fact, just having a visit would interrupt the line a few times, and DLM would then reduce your speed, and it could take weeks to recover. Its best left alone.