cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 42

Re: I have been told I have a bridge trap on my line, so how can I get an engineer out to have a loo

Just out of curiosity, what difference are you expecting to see from a few Mbps increase in speed from 69Mbps? Because unless you are downloading huge (multiGB) files on a regular basis, you will not notice any difference.

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 42

Re: I have been told I have a bridge trap on my line, so how can I get an engineer out to have a loo

I am absolutely positive my cable is not aluminium as if it was my speeds would be nowhere near as high as they are for my attenuation. I also think I am not being misled as the information given in this pdf is almost identical to what is happening on my Hlog graph.

http://www.viavisolutions.com/sites/default/files/technical-library-files/sctpsbridgedtap_an_tfs_tm_...

I am going to keep trying to get an engineer out as I reckon I have an issue here.

I would hope that if there was a bridged tap that my speeds may sync at 80/20 and thus I get what I pay for and that when I download large GB files, e.g Games on xbox, updates etc

I can download them as quickly as possible, that’s why I would like the extra speed.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 42

@galabonnyboy wrote:

So why would I say I want to pay, as you said above it will be free unless there is nothing found. I am on the pone just now but he is no use, he sending a replacement home hub 5 which I don’t even need. And is ignoring my request to book an engineer.

I said  "as that is what you will be charged if they find nothing wrong because your line is within the estimate limits"   Perhaps I should have worded it slightly differently.  I should have said  "as that is what you will be charge because your line is within the estimated liits they will find nothing wrong" and because of that you need to say you want to pay to get an engineer out just to check the line anyway.

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 42

So just to confirm if an engineer did come out and finds a fault on the line, and fixes it. I still get charged as my speed is within the estimated limits. As that is what you are telling me.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 42

I, along with the other forum members are advising you that the chances are that there is nothing wrong with your line and if you were able to get an engineer out to check your line, which I doubt you will, you will be charged for it if they do not find a fault.

If you are adamant to get an engineer out to check your line, because there is no fault showing, you will need to pay for it. I have no idea if BT/Openreach would refund the money to you if the did subsequently find I fault. As far as I am aware a bridge tap is not classed as a fault.

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 42

Oh ok I understand now, thanks. I’ll see if I can get one as I don’t really mind paying £130 as at least then I can confirm I am getting maximum speed from my line.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 42

See message 21

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 42

Out of interest do you get the maximum speed out of your car or do you not check that and just accept that if it is performing correctly within the parameters that you normally use it then its OK. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 42

you must have money to burn you might as well throw
130.00 on a fire  remember speeds are sold as up to speeds not  you get full speed 

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 42

That’s a different situation though, If I want to download a large file e.g 50GB for an Xbox game. I would like to play that game as quickly as possible, so by gaining extra speed it is worth it to me.

0 Ratings