cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

I have to reset my password every time I log in. I have not forgotten my details. Anyone else?

I have not forgotten my  contact details. They are stored on my computer anyway. Is anyone else getting this problem? The BT website doesn't accept the password details and assumes that it has been forgotten. I think there is a fault on the website as a result of their recent changes. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: I have to reset my password every time I log in. I have not forgotten my details. Anyone else?

@Clayboss wrote:

I have not forgotten my  contact details. They are stored on my computer anyway. Is anyone else getting this problem? The BT website doesn't accept the password details and assumes that it has been forgotten. I think there is a fault on the website as a result of their recent changes. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

This may be a browser problem, where a stored page is being displayed.

Which browser are you using?
Try clearing your browser history.
The alternative may be to go to online chat, who will redirect you to the appropriate department, remembering that it's a weekend, and resources may be limited.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: I have to reset my password every time I log in. I have not forgotten my details. Anyone else?

Thanks Ribblelancs, Yes I agree it could be to do with cookies but the saved passwords work with everyone else's websites so why not with BT? I usually find it gets sent round in a circle if I make enquiries. The website design should make life easy and secure, not a problem every time. It should not require deleting history, I suspect that BT have gone their happy way and ignore problems assuming it is the users fault. I will take some convincing otherwise.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Clayboss wrote:

Thanks Ribblelancs, Yes I agree it could be to do with cookies but the saved passwords work with everyone else's websites so why not with BT? I usually find it gets sent round in a circle if I make enquiries. The website design should make life easy and secure, not a problem every time. It should not require deleting history, I suspect that BT have gone their happy way and ignore problems assuming it is the users fault. I will take some convincing otherwise.

Try online chat, if you can. They do try to help, but sometimes additional assistance is required. The access to MyBt is important.

If you don’t get positive results, then you may need some Moderator help. They are busy at the moment, so their response may take some time.

0 Ratings