cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

I have upgraded to BT Infinity 2

I have been with BT Infinity for 18+ months and yesterday I renewed my contract for the free upgrade to BT Infinity 2 Download speed: 76Mb Upload speed: 19Mb plus free BT homehub 3. As BT states "As an existing BT Infinity customer, we'll upgrade you at no extra cost."

I have the BT homehub 2, I am sure it said I would get the BT homehub 3 for free when I renewed my contract.

Today I checked my order status which status is: Completed

I just run a speedtest @ http://speedtester.bt.com/ but notice my speed is capped to Maximum Achievable Speed: Download 42Mbps   NOT 76Mbps!

^ This is not the first time my local exchange has capped my line.

Can someone please confirm if I should have receive the BT homehub 3 or not. Also I thought and engineer maybe called out to fit new box or something so my line will get the faster speeds!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: I have upgraded to BT Infinity 2

If you have not received your HH3, i would recommend calling and asking for one, or to see if it's on the way 0800 111 4567.

What are your estimates on the Infinity checker? www.bt.com/infinity
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi Aarong,
Thanks for your help. I contacted BT on 0800 111 4567 to see if its on its way and they told me there is no orders showing for my address they also told me that they have started upgrading customers in and around my country/area to HH3 and are busy so I will have to wait.

The Infinity checker says I can get around 65-68 Mbps download

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 6

Ok wait and see what happens, hopefully you will get your HH3 soon. Also just to note, DLM may increase your profile over time so not all is lost.

Just take into consideration that if your copper line is old and deteriorated, this will affect your speeds.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thank again for your time replying. I will wait to see if DLM increases my speeds in the future. I have been with BT Infinity for 19 months now and very happy with the service which is why I renewed my contract. Speeds were slow when I first started with BT Infinity but after time DLM upgraded my speeds. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for it to happen again on BT Infinity 2.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

What speed were you predicted?

0 Ratings