cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 23

Re: I have upgraded to Infinity 2 but speed is capped!

This seems to be half of the Beef on this forum customers promised speeds and then falling well short as BT put the limits on the IP Profile meaning the speeds promised in most cases are never seen as they are capped well before the promised speeds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

I have seen know difference in speeds since I upgraded to Infinity 2 which is now 8 days ago. Download speed is still capped to 41 when my line has shown it can support more. Also on signing a new contract it said I would get the new HH3 but after phoning BT they told me there is no HH3 on order for my address and that I had to wait in a que as it is currently being upgraded to thousands of their customers.

I am not happy signing a new contract only to receive the same speeds and not receive the HH3!

If possible can I revert back to my old contract!
Thank you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Waist of time !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

I have the same issue when I upgraded my infinity - no order for HH3 but cancelled my Broadband Talk. i have been on the phone a few times but don't seem to be getting anywhere. did you get your hub in the end?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Best of luck to you, I'm still waiting for BT to respond to my complaint about the poor line quality. My line is predicted 55mb, but in the past has managed to hit a max rate of 60mb. I'm just under 500m from the cabinet (see my last post on this forum). At the moment I manage 34-36mb when the line isnt dropping. Upgrading to 80mb will be of no use to me right now.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Nope, 6 months later and I still have not recieved my order for HH3.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 23

How long does it take for HH3 orders to arrive, as posted yesterday, its already been over a 6 month wait for me. Yet when updating to Infinity 2, it stated that I would receive a free HH3 modem on top of the extended 18 month contract. I have still not seen any differences in speed or HH3 which I am hoping I will finally receive before my contract runs out in 12 months time.

Or do BT expect me to start another 18 month contract from them, telling me about some HH3 which will never arrive not even after a 5 year contract lol!

So far, the only good thing BT have done is for themselfs, which is conning me into signing up for another 18 months for their Infinity 2.

Shocking but for me, its true !!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 18 of 23

Normally 3 days before the install date, as an upgrade I don't know probably sent straight away.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 23

@Caerphilly wrote:

How long does it take for HH3 orders to arrive, as posted yesterday, its already been over a 6 month wait for me. Yet when updating to Infinity 2, it stated that I would receive a free HH3 modem on top of the extended 18 month contract. I have still not seen any differences in speed or HH3 which I am hoping I will finally receive before my contract runs out in 12 months time.

Or do BT expect me to start another 18 month contract from them, telling me about some HH3 which will never arrive not even after a 5 year contract lol!

So far, the only good thing BT have done is for themselfs, which is conning me into signing up for another 18 months for their Infinity 2.

Shocking but for me, its true !!!

Having looked at this thread, the speed you were getting before you upgraded to Infinity 2 shows that Infinity 2 would not benefit your speed at all. I don't know who advised you to upgrade, but being honest it was bad advice as you were not getting the full speed of 40 before the upgrade.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

2 YEARS AFTER UPGRADING MY INFINITY...STILL NO HOMEHUB 3...IT NEVER ARRIVED!

There's a homehub 5 out now its been that long...any chance I can have that before 2020? 

0 Ratings