cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

I keep getting directed to German versions of websites!

Hi,

Before I go any further - yes i have checked and double checked all the language and location setting in my browser - I have also cleared the cache and cookies etc.

In fact I have tried multiple browsers and I keep getting the same issue - whenever I search in google (or whatever search engine) I get German result, if I go to You Tube I get directed to the German You Tube - it appears my isp is coming up as based in Berlin by Google etc yet when I search for it it states it is in London - please can you help/explain!

On BT Infinity 4 FTTP.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Enverex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: I keep getting directed to German versions of websites!

As a test, what does this page say your ISP and location are? - https://xnode.org/you

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Try disconnecting from line to get a new IP address.

D4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Comes up saying I am in Brighton - which is correct as I am about 20 miles from there. I have tried disconnecting, restarting, clearing caches etc to no avail!

It just started doing this a few days ago and its doing it to all the devices connected to the line so its not my computer.

Its really annoying!

0 Ratings
TamseyKitten
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

are you logging in via a works system headquartered in Germany? This happens to me when I use works system at home