cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

I'm Done With BT - Appalling Customer Service

So sick of the Spam and the email problems.

This board is littered with customers experiencing problmes with email, with the same irritating password dialogue box popping up time after time.

Customers are taking the time and trouble to post their findings. Meanwhile NOBODY from BT bothers to respond to the issues and help.

This is the sort of thing I expect from Talk Talk, not BT. 

BT can do one - I'm off to another ISP. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: I'm Done With BT - Appalling Customer Service

Hi djdave29,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're unhappy with the email issues. You've posted on the Too many failed login attempts thread. Is that the primary issue you're facing? If so can you give us a brief outline of what you've tried at your side to resolve it.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

If you do decide to go to another ISP why don't you consider using a non ISP email or even getting your own domain with email. 

By doing that you will not be tied to an ISP because of the email address and it will make moving ISP much easier if you decide to move again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Good idea, but, don't expect to be able to send email from your domain to @btinternet addresses with any certainty that they will be delivered!

Fortunately I've never used BT for email and only recently discovered just how bad it is - I cannot understand why BT customers put up with it!

I would move my broadband provider from BT to another if it wasn't for the fact that BT Wholesale is behind them all!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

@DavidM wrote:

Hi djdave29,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're unhappy with the email issues. You've posted on the Too many failed login attempts thread. Is that the primary issue you're facing? If so can you give us a brief outline of what you've tried at your side to resolve it.

Cheers

David

Have you not read or seen all the reports of email failures over the past few days ?

It's not individual cases, it's pretty widespread. I've many btinternet email addresses, and all have seen sporadic access failures recently.

Here's a question I've asked so many times, yet have never received a response.

Does anyone in support try to look for patterns of issues ? When many people report the same fault, a lot of them new forum members, then something is wrong with the system - not end user issues.

If not - why not ? This is the correct method of fault finding to spot patterns and get to the bottom of issues early. You DO NOT wait for people to contact the helpdesks, or get 100 of the same report before taking action. If this has been told by management, then get them to respond on these forums - it is the wrong way to behave and a shocking way to behave. Change the behaviour and get this sorted.

You do realise that the quicker these issues are accepted and a response given the happier end users will be.

It is simply not good enough.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Glad to find someone having a rant, because I am one of the many people with the same problem and I am sick of it.  I have two BT Accounts both with Broadband.  One of them has email addresses that are tied to Yahoo and one of them uses the BTMail.  The password problem ONLY occurs for me on the Yahoo account.

Go and look at your Yahoo email service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Thanks, but, as you can see, this is a widespread problem, not an individual case.

Can you not see the mulitiple posts from customers all over this board?? 

Spoiler

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

What he said ! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10
Moved:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

@Andy_N wrote:

@DavidM wrote:

Hi djdave29,

Cheers

David

Have you not read or seen all the reports of email failures over the past few days ?

It's not individual cases, it's pretty widespread. I've many btinternet email addresses, and all have seen sporadic access failures recently.

Here's a question I've asked so many times, yet have never received a response.

Does anyone in support try to look for patterns of issues ? When many people report the same fault, a lot of them new forum members, then something is wrong with the system - not end user issues.

If not - why not ? This is the correct method of fault finding to spot patterns and get to the bottom of issues early. You DO NOT wait for people to contact the helpdesks, or get 100 of the same report before taking action. If this has been told by management, then get them to respond on these forums - it is the wrong way to behave and a shocking way to behave. Change the behaviour and get this sorted.

You do realise that the quicker these issues are accepted and a response given the happier end users will be.

It is simply not good enough.

Great post Andy.

I believe that management are forbidden to look at these forums, and that the mods are forbidden to raise issues with higher-level management - the levels where positive useful action is taken - such is the pathetic level of feedback and interreaction between customers here and management.

0 Ratings