cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

I'm E/O but now they're telling me I'm Fibre Enabled?

Long story short...

My house shows at Fibre enabled, last year after taking BT Infinity.. after many many engineer visits who said I had been set up incorrectly etc actually turned out I was Exchange only (so copper). Changed over to the basic package and the internet worked. The engineers said it would take 6-12 months for openreach to update.

My year contract is coming up for renewal and they're now saying I am connected and can get fibre, but they're refusing to have an engineer visit to check. Last time I was without internet for around 6 weeks and I'm very very reluctant to take out Fibre without having proof it will work. 

Ultimately I don't think they ever registered my house as having a fault, so see no reason as to why they would have connected it. Is there any other ways I can check? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: I'm E/O but now they're telling me I'm Fibre Enabled?

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi, 

sorry late reply, been away. Here are the results. Basically looks like I can get Fibre, but this is exactly what it looked like last year.. after going through 6 weeks and 2 cease and reprovides the engineers determined I was e/o... and the only thing to do is wait. I've seen no work being done to connect my house up? really don't want to have to change over.. then have no service for a period again. 

BT openreach stats.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

you would not see anything to 'connect your house up' as it is already connected with the existing copper cable.  the fibre is only to the street cabinet which is shown as cab 30 and then it is your current phone line from the cabinet to your home

try phoning options team 0800800030 and see if you can get fibre as dslchecker shows and what package they will offer you  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

They'll 100% say they can offer me it, only problem is I don't know if the results are correct.

Last year it showed the exact same results, yet when it actually came to set up.. there was an error and they decided I was Exchange Only

I'm worried that basically because no fault was ever listed.. how would they know my house is E/O and actually fix it?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

anyway to see work done on my line / cabinet thats available to the public?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

you cannot see openreach private information

which exchange are you on?

0 Ratings