cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

I'm behind the times with email accounts!

Go to solution

Hi,

I've had an old BT Yahoo email address for a long time now (since the days of dial up...). 

Having just checked my bank accounts, I noticed fees going out to bt of £5, so I did a little looking around and found that the prices for this 'premium' mail account had recently been increased from £1.60 to £5 a month. I don't remember receiving anything informing me of this, so was unaware of the change.

I've been with various other broadband suppliers in the past, but for the last few years now, I've been with bt for phone and broadband. 

At the time I switched, I mentioned my existing email account and was told that as it was on an 'old system', it could not be brought onto my new broadband account so I'd have to keep paying for it seperately. I'd used the email address(s) for so long that it was worth the £1.60 to keep it. 

I'm seeing now that it may be possible to tie all this together and not have to pay a fee for the email seeing as my broadband is also with BT. 

Is this something I need to try and explain to someone on the phone, or are the mods here able to assist?

Kind regards

Steven

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: I'm behind the times with email accounts!

Go to solution

Hi @SteG,

Welcome to the community forum. 

I'll be able to link your email address to your Broadband account. This will stop the premium mail charge, saving your £5.00 per month Smiley Happy 

Please can you sent me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: I'm behind the times with email accounts!

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB,

Thats great, thank you!

I've sent details through.

Kind regards

Steven

0 Ratings