Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delici0us
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

I’m moving! Got some questions.

Go to solution

I’ve been with BT for more than a year, and now I’ve decided to up-sticks and move house. However I’ve noticed that BT can’t provide BT infinity at my new address until July… I move in two weeks and I have some questions, hopefully someone who is clued up on the matter may be able to help.

Will BT try and give me a second-rate package until they can enable Infinity? Or will they not hold me to term?

If they don’t hold me to term, will they allow me to end my Line rental with them too, for free?

I’ve had my fair share of hiccups with BT, but they have provided a great service to me since it was installed, I can’t fault them. But in my line of work I need fast speeds, and without infinity I have no choice but to connect with Virgin Media.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: I’m moving! Got some questions.

Go to solution
They'll not let you cancel without charges but they will allow you to transfer over to regular broadband and keep the same contract term.

You're going to get broadband from someone I assume if you don't go with BT, which would put you into a new contract, meaning you'd still be in contract when Infinity does become available in July.

So you're best of just sticking with slower broadband until Infinity is enabled 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Delici0us
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Just done a little bit of research on your reply, the BT home-mover has just responded with this. I think you may be partly wrong.

“If you are moving home and taking all your BT products with you, there will be no charges. If BT is unable to provide any of your existing products at your new address, you will not be held to term for these products.”

So I think that means that I will not be held to term.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Happy days then.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Delici0us
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

So am I good in thinking that this means there will be no charge against me because they can not deliver infinity?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
That's how it reads although you're best off calling up and asking.
Delici0us
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you! I’ll get onto them now about it! Thanks for your help Webby.

0 Ratings
mickonadsl
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

like to get your answer as i am in similar situation - wife has agreed to infinity and it will probably be installed 2 weeks before we move - not a good choice Smiley Sad

0 Ratings