cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kennethsross
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

I'm new here and needing advice re. BT TV. Please help.....

Hi Folks

I have just registered on this forum, hoping I can get answers on the current state of play with BT-TV

Our local exchange has just been upgraded to Infinity, and I plan to go down the fibre route, whether by adding it to my existing TalkTalk account, or coming back to BT, and taking a package which will include Entertainment.

My question relates to the 'extra' (non-freeview channels) like the History Channel, and FOX. Would these be the same channels with the same content as folks get on Sky, or are they cut-down / earlier series? Also wonder in what way your answer re. The History Channel applies to other 'extra' channels too?.......

Really appreciate any folks willing to take the time to give me answers..

TIA

Kenneth Ross

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: I'm new here and needing advice re. BT TV. Please help.....

Hi, the channels you mention are live like for like channels showing exactly the same as sky would be showing i.e. programmed channels.

If you are interested you can look here and see what is on when and compare to other providers just to confirm the content being shown is exactly the same (this is what I did :))

http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guide-01363796671705

the extra channels are a fair way down the list.

Also some of these channels can be got in HD from BT also and the picture quality is superb. Also (I could be wrong) but some channels like history are not available through talktalk.

I hope that is some use to you and welcome to the forum.

kennethsross
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks for your reply. The link was useful, in that it let me see what is shown on the various supplier's channels - And yes, TalkTalk does not appear to carry the History Channel.

I'll have to make my decision! It would be easy to just stay with TalkTalk, but their fibre router is not well reviewd, and the BT TV Youview box appears to be better than the TalkTalk Plus TV offering too. There isn't a huge difference pricewise - but there again, I've not yet spoken to TalkTalk retention team - don't know what they might come up with.......

0 Ratings
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Sounds like you will get a much better router too. The BT HomeHub5 is dual band, and even if your equipment (eg laptop) isn't you can get a BT dual band usb dongle.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

See  http://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-youview-channel-listing.html

The extra Youview IPTV channels are those from 401-599.

Plusnet are due to start a Youview service later this year. No details yet as they are still doing trials.