cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

I'm now enjoying the new BT Mail with all its problems, faults, dropped connections and so on.

I've closed my eyes and it takes me back to happy days and happy times, huddled over my Amiga 600, listening to the squeaks, farts and burps as the modem was desperately trying to connect on dial up, a full weekend to download a couple of emails, that's if the connection didn't drop a couple of hundred times.

Dixons CD to introduce you to Orange's wonderful abysmal service, months on the phone talking to clones who could only read,......... re-boot your computer, unplug the modem, delete your history, click this that and the other,.... all to no avail, Orange blaming BT's phone lines, BT blaming Oranges systems, neither knowing, or caring, about what was wrong.

Thinking back, no humans were involved in the customers service dept. on the phones, it was just a computer program with different voices, like my TomTom, on repeat. Smiley Frustrated

Then the panacea, the ultimate cure for all the WWW problems .............LLU.

Ohhhhh that was an odd dream......... rubs my eyes............ realising I'm awake in 2014 and thankful things like that don't happen now.

They don't do they ?Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: I'm now enjoying the new BT Mail with all its problems, faults, dropped connections and so on.

Ha ha that is exactly how it feels to me too

0 Ratings