cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kennethsross
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

I ordered HD-TV for my entertainment package, but it shows as BT Sport HD pack?

Hi

Just placed my Order for Infinity2 + TV + Calls

It gets the entertainment pack, but I also clicked on HD (£3 bolt on)

However, my order shows My HD channels as being BT Sport HD pack. Will I also get the other 8 HD channels?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ney
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: I ordered HD-TV for my entertainment package, but it shows as BT Sport HD pack?

Yes you will get the 8 extra HD channels for BT sport HD also includes the extra 8 HD channels.

Darren

kennethsross
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: I ordered HD-TV for my entertainment package, but it shows as BT Sport HD pack?

Thanks, Darren

Called BT Support before I had read your reply. They couldn't explain why HD - Entertainment bolt-on was not showing on the order, but HD Sport was. Support guy said to let the order go through, and then fix it once service was running - but by what I've heard, it's better to get it right from the start.

He asked me to check what service I had chosen on the webpage - and when I did, I saw that the Sainsbury's Offer had gone up from £50 to £100. He said - "no problem, I'll cancel your existing order, and just go ahead and make a new order"

So I have - still got the same installation slot, and an extra £50 in the pocket (plus hopeful for £140 cashback from Quidco)

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 4 of 7

You will love the new service. I have had the full BT TV service just under 2 weeks now. Apart from the Sky Movies bolt on that I never tane and im liking the service so far.

Let us know what Youview box they send you as some have been getting sent the old style BT Humax Youview box.

Darren

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

I could be mistaken but as your original order which you placed via quidco has now been cancelled I very much doubt that you will qualify for any quidco cashback as quidco will no longer be seen as the referrer and the new order will have a different order number.

I see that the quidco cashback is now back down to £20 however topcashback are still offering decent amounts of up to £157.50 for the next 5 days with the sainsbury's gift card also included.

If I was in your situation if it's not too late I would get the new order cancelled and start again via a cashback website.

I hope this helps.

(Actually not clear from your original  post if you placed the new order yourself via a cashback website or if the BT employee placed it on their system for you. I had assumed the latter but if the former then ignore the above!)

kennethsross
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your comment

The second order (which showed 'Complete' today) has actually collapsed, because of a conflict with the previously cancelled order!. (I had placed it myself - so Quidco is now showing £280 (140 x2) pending - obviously none of which will  now be confirmed.

Yes, I noticed that topcashback have replaced Quidco as the cashback 'go through' for Infinity - with what appears to be an even higher rate.

I'm letting the whole thing lie for 24 hours to hopefully let any last vestiges of these orders disappear from the system, then I will place a new order via Topcashback. My only fear is that all this coming and going will mean that it will not show me as a new customer, and the cashback (only available on new customers) will not confirm - we'll just have to wait and see!

KSR

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Sounds like a sensible plan. If you do go via topcashback it might look as though your cashback has been declined after a few days but it seems to be a glitch in their system which may be fixed by now but in case not:

http://forum.topcashback.co.uk/tm.aspx?high=&m=44495&mpage=1#45278

Anyway if none of the orders has completed thus far then you aren't an existing BT customer so it should all work out.

If the HD option is what was blocking your order before it might be a plan to let the order go through without the HD option and then get it added after the main order has gone through and the cashback has tracked.

Good luck.

0 Ratings