cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
matthewh3
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

I think I have got a DNS problem on a new Infinity connection?

Hi lot's of webpages are not loading correctly on my new Infinty connection.  I have to use Tor to view them.  Does anyone know how to change the DNS in the HomeHub3?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: I think I have got a DNS problem on a new Infinity connection?

You cannot change a home hubs DNS you can however change them using the settings on your network adaptor
matthewh3
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I've changed my DNS as the page tells me -

Ubuntu how to

And I still can't acess lots of pages.  It just comes back with different error message now 404 not found.  I'm having to use Tor to surf the net properly!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

what pages are you having problems with just quote 1or 2
0 Ratings
matthewh3
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

lot's of random pages like http://ubuntuforums.org https://joindiaspora.com/u/matthewholt3 and stuff. I can view them all fine using Tor. John46 answer was good meant to give it three stars but messed up.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I am not on infinity but have no problems viewing the sites
As to the three stars you can only give 1 per post nothing you did wrong 🙂
0 Ratings
matthewh3
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

But his answer didn't solve my question.  The pages still wouldn't load after changing the DNS servers, search domains and DHCP client ID!  Tho the problem has gone away now some few hours later.  This is a brand new connection with BT.  If this keeps happening I'll just stop paying them and go with another FTTC povider.  The debt can go with all the rest yeah I might lose my deposit but BT will lose eigthteen months of £43 a month and I'll just sign up to new VDSL2 contract in a different name.  BE There Unlimeted are the best ISP I have ever used by far.  Now I wonder if there doing FTTC.

0 Ratings