cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

I think I've been misled by BT. How can I resolve this quickly – and move on?

When my bill for phone and broadband shot up by about a tenner in August, I rang up BT and was told my loyalty discount had ended. 

I was reassured to be told that it would be reinstated and corrected. 

On the strength of this, I paid for another year's line rental in advance.

Because I had signed up to BT Sport I rang again in September to clarify the length of my contract and was told that this would continue – at the same rate – until May (I think!). 

However, checking my bill on line this week, I  found that I've been charged the full whack – no discount – for three months. So I rang again.

I was told this time that the discount didn't exist and could not be applied, either retrospectively or on further bills. 

So it appears to me that I have been deliberately misled. 

How do I sort this out? 

I suggested examining the evidence BT had – notes, recordings of calls – to see what was said, but this involves submitting a letter and sending a cheque to BT. 

It's going to take way too long. 

Is there any way of getting this over quickly, so I can make up my mind whether to stay with BT or move to another phone and broadband provider? 

I thought I could trust BT, but this is the last straw. I've been a loyal customer for years, but there are many better deals out there.

Any advice?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: I think I've been misled by BT. How can I resolve this quickly – and move on?

Hi

I am sorry to see you are having problems

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Re: I think I've been misled by BT. How can I resolve this quickly – and move on?

Chat is limited to 240 characters. I can't explain my predicament in that. And I don't want to feed it through in dribs and drabs. I don't want to spend all my day wrangling with BT. Why can't somebody look at my problem, examine the evidence, and get back to me BY EMAIL?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

01795 wrote:Is there any way of getting this over quickly, so I can make up my mind whether to stay with BT or move to another phone and broadband provider?

Realistically, no, there isn't.  This is a difficult contract detail dispute.  You believe that your discount had been re-instated, but BT's computer says it wasn't.  You then signed up for BT Sport, which locks you into a 12 month contract.

The only way it's going to be sorted is if you raise a complaint with BT and insist that they replay that original call to BT.  BT's complaints procedure isn't particularly speedy or efficient.

0 Ratings