Hi everyone, last week i had a full line reset because i started dropping in speed, from 16meg al the way down to 9meg, at the time time of the reset my sync speed went to 12.5meg, 24 hours later i was down to 9.494meg down and 1.12 up, im supposed to be on another 10day training but nothing has happened, meaning the hhb3 hasnt switched off or resynced since i dropped to 9.4meg, now after 5 days of constant connection there was still no change so i did a something to try and make my speed drop but nothing happened, it still synced at the exact same speed 9.4meg, im certainly not rate adaptive and i cant have any line issues or my speed would of dropped after constantly plugging in and out the socket and making it resync, so the only things i can come up with is that ive either been capped or the exchange has got stuck for some reason, ive even gone through my entire extension wiring and changed it to cat6, it made my line attenuation lower but no change in sync rate heres my speed test and hub stats.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi, done some checks, theres no noise on the telephone line, ive plugged hub into test socket and its the same, my snr went high as soon as they reset the line at the exchange 5 days ago, i thought the snr was high because my speed is so low, there it should use the spare snr and raise my speed untill the snr reaches 6db, but nothing has happened, in the day my snr is even higher, i even took of the adslnation face plate and put bt adsl faceplate back on but it as made me drop by 5 snr, the adsl nation plate is now broke so i cant put it back on, ill have to re order.as far as i can tell all my wiring is good, and even better now with the cat6 cable because my line attenuation was 30db now its 29.3. I dont understand why i cant make my sync rate change, i cant even make it drop
I forgot to mention that just before the line reset i dropped to 1meg syncrate and line attenuation went up to 65db, i assume that was the engineer at the excange though because the line reset and went to 12.5, then after 24hours went to 9.47meg, stayed on this eversince
Actually i did, we had heavy winds and heavy rain the same day i rang for the reset.
Ask BT to switch interleaving at the same time as you get the snr reset, that should make your line a lot more stable 😉
If it still stays unstable, then I would go down the route of tech visits etc.
Could be an exposed joint... or maybe something else :S
Thanks for your replys, believe it or not my line as been more stable, meaning alot less disconnects,infact very rare since i last had the snr reset, it auto changed to fast when mods manually reset the snr a month ago, i think it sounds like a joint or something, def not my internal wiring, its all brand new as of today and theres no change in sync so, the prob lies else where, i tried to tell bt before that theres some kind of fault between the pole and the exchange last time my speed dropped when i was on adsl max, it dropped to 300k i think, i rang up for a mac code because they wouldnt acknoweldge the fact and gottalked into adsl2+, everything went well untill 3 weeksago(around that time) i was up to 16meg sync, i posted it on here, after opening my big mouth my speed started to drop so i had a manuall snr reset, that solved it for a while, then i had that bad weather and it all screwed up, like i said previous, about 10-20mins before the reset my sync dropped to 1meg and line attenuation shot up to 65db, after the reset i had 12.5meg, 24 hours later i was down to 9meg, person on the other end of the phone at bt said my minimum sync should be around 12meg