Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_by_the_sea
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

I've been migrated back to Yahoo

Hi all,

A year or so ago I successfully migrated all my accounts to BT's servers, from BT/Yahoo, following BT's instructions. Since then I've mainly been using a desktop email client, without problems, for all my mail. In the wake of news about the Yahoo hack, I tried BT's online checker that confirmed (erroniously it now seems) that I was with BT Mail. However, after logging in on the Web (using BT's log-in page) to double check, it now seems I'm back with BT/Yahoo - the URL and all the branding etc is Yahoo's.

Can anyone give me any guidance on this state of affairs? Through browsing the forum I understand there is an issue with the service checker and that some people are still on BT/Yahoo, but are there others who've been migrated back to Yahoo after a successful move to BT? Is this an issue I need to pursue with customer services?

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

G

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: I've been migrated back to Yahoo

I'm not sure how you migrated your accounts, it was done by BT not the user. In any event, the migration was halted about 2 years ago. I very much doubt if you were ever migrated and have been with BTYahoo all along like many of us.

0 Ratings
G_by_the_sea
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi Licquorice,

Thanks for the speedy reply. It might indeed have been more than a year ago, but I received emails from BT regarding the migration with a link to a sign in, and afterwards was able to access my email on the web on a site with only a BT URL and branding, different to Yahoo's.    I was wary at the time about a phishing exercise and ran everything through URL checkers etc, confirming that this was BT. 

Regards,

G

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Anyway, regardless, there is nothing to be done. Some people are with BTYahoo mail others with BTMail, frying pan or fire, although the choice is not yours!! Smiley Happy

G_by_the_sea
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Yes, I'm inclined to be philosophical about things, whilst doing my best to keep everything secure. Cheers. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I've had the same BT Yahoo Mail account for many years now, but owing to 100's of spam emails/week which started at the beginning of August, I decided to create a new email address and ditch the old one.

I can tell you for a fact, I did create a new address and verified (not just with BT email checker), but also by checking Yahoo.com didn't recognise the user, the account was not on Yahoo.

A week later? I find it's been migrated to Yahoo, so I now have 2 Yahoo accounts I don't want and am unable to delete rather than just one.

Call me cynical, but could the Yahoo board being hauled over the coals by Verizon and told to demonstrate that there's no harm been done to business, otherwise the $4bn deal will be pulled, be something to do with it?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

If your primary email is BTYahoo, you can only create BTYahoo sub accounts.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Rather than dignify that with even the response of a politician (John Humphrys, Today programme - "Yes, No, Don't Know, Won't Say"), I choose to give you the BT Management response, [...]
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

The BT email checker is not reporting correctly. There are already a few threads about the problem.

The BT migration from BTYahoo to BTMail is NOT on going. It was put on hold about two years ago and no email accounts have been migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail since then or from BTYahoo to BTMail and back to BTYahoo.

The easiest way to check which email system you are on is to log onto your BT email account and look at the BT logo. If it is BTYahoo you are on the BTyahoo email system. If it is BT you are on the BTMail system.

If you are on BTMail you can not create a BTYahoo sub-account onto the BTMail system or visa versa. They are two different stand alone systems.

Trying to log on via the Yahoo.com log on page and being unsuccessful to gain access to a BTYahoo account does not mean you are not on BTYahoo and must be on BTMail.

0 Ratings