cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricklord
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: I've had enough of BT call centres

The reference "NO!!!! I'm not waiting any longer" was in regards to already waiting 3 weeks with call centres and hence why I am now here. I'm not waiting for there call backs and false promises again.

I'm aware the mods can't respond immediately and the process I am now starting here will also take time. 2 different things but thanks for pointing it out.
0 Ratings
Block66b
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Openreach prioritising to BT first, ha..... You really shouldn't believe the **bleep** you read on the Internet or what so called Armchair Telecoms Industry Experts tell you....

When a PCP goes live every ISP who wants it can have it fom day one.... Do you honestly think for one second the likes of Sky and TALKTALK would just sit quietly and allow BT to take their share first and then let them have the seconds....
0 Ratings
MPEDLAR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Out of curiosity then, why is it that BT always seem to get in there first?

I've enquired into several new build developments in the past year, and have relatives in another part of the country who also recently moved into a new build.

In all cases the developers have told us that only BT would be able to provide services initially, with the latest developer (the one we bought a house from) adding onto the end of that "good luck".

Is it just these housing developers have got it wrong?

Do they think 'BT Openreach' means 'BT'?

As it happened I was a pre-existing BT customer of 4 years and never had a problem before, so I just used their Homemove service.

In hindsight, if I could have gone with another provider I would have, as moving into our new home came with a caveat, that I would be spending the next three months trying in vain to communicate with badly trained liars.

It took a very helpful Openreach engineer on our third attempted callout to finally sort it all out.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

The developers should know better. What they really mean is that Openreach will provide the infrastructure, but they just call it BT. The news and press also seem to get it wrong by saying BT Openreach, which is incorrect. The correct description is Openreach, a BT Group Business.

It would be like saying Kingfisher B&Q instead of simply B&Q.

It probably works to BT Retail`s advantage, upsetting other Service Providers like Sky.

0 Ratings
MPEDLAR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Maybe Openreach should stop identifying themselves as BT then (or a "part of the BT Group" to be pedantic) All of their media comes with a little BT logo on it. Any confusion it seems to be entirely their own fault. Surely there's some kind of beach of trading standards going on there.

It's a bit like British Gas selling oil to themselves at inflated prices and then claiming there's no scope to reduce fuel bills.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

@MPEDLAR wrote:

. Surely there's some kind of beach of trading standards going on there.

It's a bit like British Gas selling oil to themselves at inflated prices and then claiming there's no scope to reduce fuel bills.

What breach could there be if openreach are 'part of the BT Group'. That is not misleading but fact

if openreach were able to sell their services at whatever price they decided then I would agree with you but OFCOM make sure that does not happen. You can't think that the other ISPs would just sit back and let openreach charge what they felt like 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ricklord
Beginner
Message 17 of 19

Talk about hijackign a thread with an irrelevent debate. 

LOOK! I am a BT customer, I have now had no internet for nearly 4 weeks and you guys are debating if BT have a monopoly or not. WHO CARES!!!! Seriously, I came here to get support from a BT mod which I am now getting thankfully, who by the way if anyone is having problems with BT call centres not getting problems fixed then contact these guys, they got back to me in 24 hours, they have taken ownership of my case and have promised to pretty much hold my hand right the way up until the problems are fixed and I am a happy customer.

Please stop picking apart a complaint from a customer who is clearly unhappy with BT and has made accusations becuase quite frankly it is true, I don't care what official organsiation you point me at. I have lived in 3 houses the last 5 years, every single one of them BT was able to offer fibre at least 1-2 months before any other provider. I am speaking from first hand experience.

To the guy who said, do you really think sky would let BT take all the custoemrs first and sky take sloppy seconds???? Ofcourse that is what I beleive, your argument is stupid. If Sky was allowed access day one do you not think they would make sure they could offer it to there customers in that area immediately otherwise they risk losing them to BT like what has happened to me. BT started offering fibre in my area 4 weeks ago, I switched from Sky to BT and got all these problems, but guess what, still 4 weeks later no other provider is even offering it so what do you make of that. Still think BT doesn;t get prioirty? pff I don't think other providers would be that stupid to not make it available the first day they can since it will cost them many customers.

Block66b
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

It's not irrelevant because you brought it up......

I assure you, I know more about the ins and outs of it than you'll ever know.....

Openreach make it available to ALL ISP's fom day one..... If for whatever reason Sky don't want to Wholesale that's not BT Retails fault..... Or should they not sell it until all others are just to please the Broadband Conspiracy Types?
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 19 of 19

Ok guys. Please keep it friendly and on topic.

Cheers

David